Chapter 10; Threats from Moriarty

Chapter 10;

Irene Adler.

She was here, Sherlock was right.

She stood, leaning up against the doorway. Her hair was slightly darker then the pictures shown on TV. She was wearing a skin tight black dress, with a long black trench coat over it.

She smirked, and looked from Sherlock to me then back to me.

“Well, Well, looks like you’ve found a replacement for me after all, Mr. Holmes.” She said, her voice almost like satin.

“No, not at all. This is John’s niece, Winter.  Glad you could make it.” Sherlock said, smirking for only a few short moments.

“Right well, it was a pleasure to meet you Miss. Adler, but I think I’m going to head to bed.” I said, before practically running to the stairs.

I walked into my room, and looked at Charlie. She looked over at me, away from the computer screen.

“She’s here.” I said, my voice was much more hurt sounding then I anticipated.

“Who? Irene Adler?” she asked.

I nodded.

Honestly, I don’t know why I was so upset.

 I didn’t feel like crying, it wouldn’t do me any good. I wasn’t numb feeling. I just felt…shocked. Amused almost, that someone so brilliant as Sherlock would love someone such as Miss. Adler. But of course, we all do silly things.

“How do you feel about that?” Charlie asked.

“Honestly, I don’t know. I’m more shocked then  anything, just that she showed up at the flat. I guess he invited her here, or at least that’s what I gathered when Sherlock told her thanks for coming. But hey, we have school tomorrow, we better head it bed.” I said, crawling into bed.

I didn’t sleep, it just wouldn’t come to me.

Instead I stared into the darkness, thinking about everything, just trying to get a grip on reality.

~~~

The next morning, Charlie and I awoke, and began to get ready for the day that lied ahead.

After I dressed, I stepped into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror, and shuttered at my awful appearance. My hair was a mess, sticking up in several places. My eyes had several bags under them, and my face was paler then usual. I looked as though I had tried every drug in existence.

Once my appearance was fixed, I exited my room, and walked down stairs, Charlie in tow. We walked into the living room, where I had expected to find Sherlock, but instead found Irene Adler, sitting Sherlock’s leather chair.

She was talking on the phone, in a rather low tone. She hadn’t yet noticed me, and I found myself rather curious at what she was discussing.

“What do you mean Jim, who? Moriarty! Jim Moriarty. Now do as I say. Tell him that the plan has been put into action.” She said, before hanging up.

“Good morning Miss. Adler.” I said, politely, as I went to grab my backpack.

“Hello, Winter, wasn’t it?” she asked.

“Yes ma’am.” I said.

“Well, Winter, what are you doing up this early?” she asked.

“Oh, were on our way to Uni. Classes start up again today.” I said.

“Oh I see. Well, have fun darling. Sherlock and I going to see Mycroft, and your Uncle has his shift at Bart’s today, so don’t be alarmed if were not back when you are.” She said, smiling fake like.