Chapter Six

All Rights Reserved!

If possible, please direct all comments at all three authors by saying "@Twrex10 and @AgelessQuest" when you comment. I will get a notification about the comments already, since the story is on my account. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Six

The mountain didn’t really look much different, but it was hard to tell. Leo knew that he has to explode the mountain again, but how was the question. He knew the remote he was still holding had to help him with it somehow. Leo decided to think about it on his way in. Leo went inside the volcano and went straight to where he had gone the last time. The time before, he had used his own fire and thrown it in the volcano to make it even hotter until it erupted, but Leo had a feeling that was the wrong thing to do this time.

Leo fingered the remote, when all of a sudden, his feet started to move. They carried him to the edge of the volcano and kept going until Leo was ankle-deep in the lava. Leo figured his father’s blessing kept him from burning up, but he also figured that it wouldn’t last forever.

As Leo was thinking of what to do now, his fingers slipped on the remote and it went PLOP, right into the hot lava. Before Leo’s eyes, the remote started to sink.

Leo made a mad grab for the remote and just grazed the top of it as it exploded. Just a few seconds after all of the parts finished raining down on Leo’s curly hair, the volcano erupted for the second time in as many days.

With Leo in it, and completely unprepared.

Leo’s thoughts were hazy.

He couldn’t remember much at the time, especially because he was focusing on staying afloat and not sinking, as he was struggling with that at the time. Obviously, he was in the ocean, but Leo wondered which one.

Once Leo began to retain a little more focus, he started to think.

Wow, Leo Valdez, is thinking! a voice in Leo’s head said to him. Who knew that could happen?

Leo thought about why he was in the ocean, but he couldn’t remember why until after around seven minutes of thinking. He was in the ocean because he had erupted Mt. St. Helens. It took Leo a few more minutes to remember why he had erupted Mt. St. Helens. He was trying to get back to Calypso and her island, Ogygia.

The last thing that came back to Leo’s memory that wasn’t the basic things (like his friends, who he was, his family, and simple knowledge), was the key in his pocket that he still didn’t know what was for.

Leo’s thoughts were still hazy, but not so that he couldn’t think about anything at all.

He thought about how mad his friends would be when he returned, but he knew at least Piper might understand. Percy too, especially since he had met Calypso once before.

He thought about all the families Leo had joined, and smiled at his memories of pranks he had played on Piper and memory Jason at the Wilderness School.

But most of all, he thought about Calypso. He thought about how she looked, how she spoke, how she laughed, and the one kiss they had shared before they separated. They had shared only one kiss, but Leo knew he had fallen in love, and he had fallen hard.

Leo’s thoughts started to become extremely hazy, and Leo felt his eyelids begin to droop. Just before he drifted to unconsciousness, he thought he felt soft sand under his back.

Written by Volleyballstar11 and Twrex10 (We're working on writing longer chapters.)