Chapter One: Dreamless

(Name) pov:
I ran around the field with my friends,(you can change the names) Micah and Rosanna.
"I'm gonna get you guys!" I giggled, water dripping from my body and my hat.
The reason I wear a hat, is because I have horns. Yes, horns. They are only little Stubbs, but they are noticable. They have a faint cyan color, but with the hat on, you can't see it.
I don't know why I have horns, I was just born with it.

Back to the story..
Micah and Rosanna decided to play a little prank on me by taking me to the river and pushing me in.

I chased the two girls around, until I tripped on something.
I almost fell face first into the dirt, but my hands met the dirt first.

Crack.

I heard a cracking sound, my wrists hurt.
Maybe I broke them?

I pushed myself into a sitting position, and looked at what I tripped on.
It looked like a plate stuck in the ground. Bright green light flowed throughout the plate.

"You okay, (name)?!" I heard Micah yell.
"DO WE HAVE TO TAKE YOU TO MISS ANNABELLA?!" Rosanna yelled. I could hear their bare feet slapping against the dirt.

"I'm fine.." I said, still looking at the plate. I started playing with my wrists, trying to get the pain to stop.
No luck.
I could hear Micah and Rosanna panting as they reached me.
"Why are you looking at the dirt?" Micah asked as if she couldn't see the glowing plate.

"You don't see the...." I started to get dizzy, so I didn't talk. I thought it would help me to not be dizzy..

After a few seconds of not speaking, I blacked out.

It felt like hours of just starring at darkness.
It felt like I was
dreamless.