57. Night to Remember

Start from the beginning

I feel Josh's hands on my hips as he pulls me against him making me blush as I start moving my body against his until suddenly he's pulled back. "Did you forget your brother is a chaperone?" Cory asks Josh expectantly as I chuckle.

"My brotha" Josh smirks as Cory throws his hands up, walking away. "I think I was supposed to be setting a good example. Oops" he laughs as he rubs his neck making me giggle as I pull him in for a long, deep kiss. The song ends and we head over to a table my friends had procured, sitting together as we all talk and laugh.

Suddenly, the Cupid Shuffle starts to play and my eyes widen as I look at my girlfriends, Smackle and Vanessa looking just as excited as me, but Riley not so much. "Oh my god. Come on we have to" I beg as I jump out of my seat, Vanessa and Smackle following after me happily. "Come on Riles" I plead.

"No, Maya. I can't dance."

"Oh don't worry we can help you" Vanessa says helping me making me smile over at her.

"Riley, we have to dance. It's prom" Smackle adds. I watch Riley bite her lip making me roll my eyes playfully as I grab her hand and pull her to the dance floor. Vanessa and I start to dance and after a few times Riley and Smackle seem to start to get the idea, but they still end up missing a step here and there causing me and Vanessa to laugh. As soon as the song ends I hear Matthews come over the speakers, sounding less annoyed now that school appropriate music was playing.

"Attention seniors, it's time to announce Prom King and Queen." Matthews says and suddenly the room goes quiet and everyone has their full attention on him. Josh comes over to me placing his arm around my waist as we all glue our eyes on Cory.

"You're Prom King is" he says pausing for dramatic effect as a smile spreads across his face. "Lucas Friar" he exclaims.

The whole room erupts in clapping and yelling as Lucas walks onto the stage to accept his crown. A few seconds later the room is once again filled with silence as we await the name of Prom Queen, but I smile already having a pretty good idea as to who it was going to be.

"You're Prom Queen is" he says pausing for dramatic effect yet again but I can see his jaw drop as he reads the name on the card and I start to smile even wider knowing what name is about to leave his lips. "Riley Matthews" he shouts excitedly. I start clapping and cheering loudly as the rest of the room joins in.

Riley walks onto stage hugging her dad before accepting her crown and walking over to join her King. A blush rising on her cheeks as Lucas wraps his arm around her waist, kissing her cheek.

"The King and Queen will now share a dance" Matthews announces as Lucas leads Riley off of the stage and back onto the dance floor. The song Have I Told You Lately  (song link above) starts to play and I watch as Riley and Lucas sway to the music. After the first verse other people start joining them on the dance floor and Josh turns to me holding out his hand.

"May I have this dance?" he asks sweetly, a smile on his face making my heart swell as I nod.

"Of course" I say placing my hand in his as he leads me onto the dance floor. I look around and see all of my friends. Zay and Vanessa, Smackle and Farkle, and of course Riley and Lucas dancing in the middle of everyone. I smile as I hear Josh start to sing along, a giggle escaping my lips.

"This should be our song" he says looking down at me lovingly.

"Our song?" I ask looking up at him sweetly.

"Yea, you know the song that they play at our wedding and then every time we hear it we have to stop whatever we're doing to dance" he answers as if this should've been obvious making me smile as I nod.