Guide Me: Four Years Ago Part 3

Everything made scents yet at the same time it didn't. Is that even possible?

I watched in fright and in awe as the woman that had been standing before me was now a large beautiful blue wolf. I back away as its wine colored eyes stared softly.

'You've been feeling alarmed, yes?'

My eyes widen as I heard Mizu's voice within my thoughts. I didn't reply, still in shock. She sat back on her hind legs, she seemed to be about the size of a pickup truck. I kept my back pressed up against the brick wall, Mizu had brought me out into the small garden where she had informed me that I wasn't human.

'That alertness is the feeling of being on unknown territory and being around new scents and other wolves.' Mizu informed. "Tell me, didn't you feel different from the other children, Okami?"

I stared at her, "D-different? Like big a huge freaking dog! How would.." In my small rambling I suddenly grew silent. The question setting in.

'At the age of five I munched happily on my cookie as I watched the caretaker placed the box in the cabinets. She smiled and stepped out a moment. I wiped the mouth staring up at the cabinets, still wanting more. Without much thought I had leaped onto the tall counter, opening the cabinet getting the box of cookies. Another time was when I was 11 and the orphanage was having a field day and in every race to games I kept winning. I pretty faster and strong than the other kids, even the adults. I just loved the feeling of running, the wind combing threw my hair and it wiping against my skin. It felt like..being free. Age 15 I would have to leave the building when someone would burned something or had a dirty diaper because my nose was so sensitive. I even knew where to find someone just by their scents. I also had a pretty bad temper, I would feel like biting or clawing into the person.'