Guide Me: Four Years Ago

I had sat on the bench within the park, my clothes soak from the rain, it clinging to my skin as my eyes hide behind my wet bangs. My phone's screen was the only light as I read the message over and over.

You're holding me back.

I hung my head, my tears blending with the droplets that careless my cheeks as my heart bled out threw the cracks within it.

* * * * * *

My name was Jade Lockhart, I was born on December 5th. My eyes were a smoldering emerald green. I never met my real parents. I was tall, about 5'8, I suppose. I had raven black hair, it cut up to my shoulder blades and had a wild curl to it at the tips. My skin a light tan peach color.

I grew up in a small simple orphanage so all I had was my last name, which was writing on a crumbled note along with my birth date when they found me on the door steps. The adults had given me the name 'Jade' due to my eyes. The caretakers were generally kind and nice, not your typically orphanage I guess. I was never adopted though and figured I never would be so I helped tend to the younger kids, up until I was 18. That's when I met the Chevalier family.

The Chevaliers were well known for having money and own many businesses like banks, hotels and restaurants. All high class. The head of the family was a woman in her mid 30's, what caught my eye the moment she walked into the orphanage's lobby was her hair. Her skin was a ghostly white. She was dressed in a white button up blouse with a black jacket over and a matching plain skirt, her heels were a slick black, but her curly hair was up in a neat bun. Though the color was all dark blue. Not business like at all, if you ask me. I was about to step out but she had stopped me. I blinked up at the woman. Her eyes were a strange brown, they looked like a deep red wine color.

"What is your name?" she asked politely.

I couldn't help flustering as I answered respectfully, "Jade..Jade Lockhart."

The woman had smiled softly. Next thing I knew, I was stepping into a sleek black limo after she had signed the papers. The driver place my bag into the trunk and bowed as the woman followed inside after me. He shut the door and got in starting the vehicle. I noticed a girl sitting across from us, staring out the window in a bored manner. She looked just like the woman. She had the same beautiful ghost skin, blueish hair that was loose, cascading down her back and she also had the same..red like eyes. She seemed about my age or a couple of years older.

"You have a staring problem?" she glared at me. I blinked and blushed, realising I had been staring shamelessly.

"Riza" the woman scolded, "do not disrespect our guest."

The girl now known as Riza huffed and turned back to the window. I bite my bottom lip, looking down at the car floor.

"Don't mind her." I turned to the woman as she spoke and smiled. "My name is Mizu Chevalier and this is my second eldest daughter, Riza Chevalier. I've been looking for you for quite a while, Okami.