Sin Took Dominion

The next day at school, I thought hard about the dream I had the other night and I just knew that it was God who revealed that secret to me.

The coming of our Lord Jesus Christ was near and He was just warning me to turn over a new leaf and also tell my friends about Christ.

For sometime, I went to church regularly, I read my Bible, I was very obedient to my parents and friendly to all but I couldn't hold that attitude up for long because the devil lured me back into disobeying my parents and going back to my old habits. i even made excuses not to go to church or read my Bible; I always had something fun to do.

With everything that I was doing, I had forgotten about the dream I had and it's implications and I thought God would be okay with that because I tried my best.

I know God to be loving, caring, gracious and His mercies endures forever so He would definitely have mercy upon me according to His loving kindness and forgive me of all my sins.

But friends, that's where we are wrong.

It's true that our God is merciful but His mercies has a limit... Because  of the blood that His son Jesus Christ shed on Calvary; “John 3:16"we are living under Grace but that doesn't mean we can sin consciously and expect God to have mercy when we knew very well that we had disobeyed His commandments.

It's just like you living with your parents and you knowing very well that they love you and would do anything for you but you kept doing the one thing they dislike. They're going to love you alright but they would punish you for that offense.

It's the same with our Lord. His love towards us is unconditional but we can't stand His wrath when we disobey Him.

That's why He said in 1 John chapter 1 verse 9 that “ if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness".

It is also written in the book of James chapter 5 verse 16 that “confess your faults one to another, pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

When I finally realized that I had sinned against my God; who is the alpha and omega, an everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Gracious God, Lord of Lord's, the I am that I am,
I went on my knees and prayed.
I took my prayer from the book of Psalm 51. It was a prayer David in the Bible prayed when he realized that he has committed adultery with Bathsheba and later sent her husband to war to die so that he could keep his wife.
He realized his mistakes and went on his knees and said this prayers;

“Have mercy upon me O God, according to your loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Wash thoroughly from mine iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
For I acknowledge my transgressions and my sin is ever before me.
Against thee, thee only have I sinned and done this evil in thy sight:that thou mightest be justified when thou speakers, and be clear when thou judgest.
Behold, I was shaped in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, thou desireth truth in the inward parts and in the hidden part thou shall make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness that the bones which thou has broken may rejoice.
Hide thy face from my sins and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God and renew a right spirit within me.....

This could also be your prayer if you find yourself in similar situations.
The Bible tells us that there's no sin too small before our Lord. Whether big or small, it's still a sin and we would be judged for that.