Ch. 26 Off to the city of night

Depuis le début

I was very tired because last night we went to bed really late and had to get up early because of our trip, so I had fallen asleep within seconds. Michael woke me up and I realized I had been sleeping during the whole flight, because we were about to land!

When the pilots landed the plain, we got off at this huge airport in Cologne. It was getting dark, so Michael felt better without the sun shining above our heads.

After we left the area where all the planes were, we started looking for Gilbert. However, there were so many people and I wasn't sure we were going to find him any time soon...

"Michael, there are so many people here! How are we going to find Gilbert?"
"Don't worry, YN. I am Dracula after all and I got a sharp nose!" he winked and I giggled. "I'm following his scent and I can tell you, he's close."

This airport was huge! There were people everywhere as we were walking along the huge hallways of the airport

This airport was huge! There were people everywhere as we were walking along the huge hallways of the airport. I listened to them talking in German and heard others who spoke French, Spanish, Italian and all kinds of different European languages. I had zero clue as to where we were going, but I had to admit, I was pretty exited since this was my very first time in Europe!

Soon, we found ourselves outside between tons of parked cars! It was pretty cool outside but Michael wrapped his hand around me to keep me warm, and this made us feel like a real couple, which was something I loved!

After like 5 minutes of walking, I saw a familiar car right in front of us. Gilbert was standing next to it, waving at us. We found him!

He opened the door for me to get in, Michael followed, he closed it and walked over to the driver's seat.

"How was the flight, count?"
"It was fine, but I sensed them spying on us before we got into the plane."
"I haven't noticed anything so far here." Gilbert said "Maybe they have given up... after all, who would dare stand against you!"
"I'm afraid many of them would, Gilbert. Nowadays everybody wants to be the leader, but only few realize the responsibilities that come along with this title. Anyway, we should keep our eyes open, just in case."
"Yes, count."

We continued our 'trip'. We had to cross Germany and it wasn't a small country. Afterwards, we were to travel through the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary until we reached our destination-Romania. Michael said the castle of his friend was situated in the very east of Romania, very close to Black Sea's abandoned beaches.

If we didn't have to travel through special roads in order to find the hidden castle, I would have wanted to visit the beautiful cities of Europe.

We entered the forests of Germany to travel through a special path only vampires knew of. It was getting very late and I felt sleepy, which was strange because I already slept for such a long time on the plane. I guessed I was just too stressed out and my body and mind were tired. Michael suggested I should get some sleep so as to keep my body strong for the long trip ahead of us.

He pulled a warm blanket from under the seat and wrapped his arm around me. I rested my head against his shoulder and he covered my body with the warm blanket, tugging me in. I soon warmed up and closed my eyes, enjoying the pleasure he was giving me by gently and affectionately stroking my hair. The sound of the engine of the car started to become lower and lower until my brain couldn't perceive it anymore, and my body didn't feel the gentle wiggling of the car anymore - it felt as if I had become one with the car.

Suddenly I felt the car stopping with great force and if Michael wasn't holding my body, I was going to slip down on the ground. I rubbed my eyes, wondering what was going on, and when I opened them to look, I saw few men surrounding our car. I couldn't see exactly how many because it was quite dark, but when I realized they were the ones following us, I jumped in fear.

"YN, I want you to stay in the car, okay?" Michael whispered and I simply nodded my head.

"Draculaaaa" one of them said out loud "come out, father! We've missed youuuu!"