Ch. 18 'Bible'

In this chapter, you'll finally learn about the so called 'book' I've been mentioning in the previous chapters! :D

Your POV

Michael told me to go to the library after I had fully dressed so I was on my there, going along the long, silent corridors of his old castle.

I couldn't entirely enjoy the happiness that came from hearing his words of pure, passionate love for me because of the sudden change in his mood.

I told him about Adamus coming to town and taking me, or should I say forcing me, to drink coffee with him, and right afterwards, Michael's facial expression changed from sunshine to the darkest, thickest clouds, ready to pour down tons of cold rain.

He expressed his fears over my safety and talked again of that book, and I had zero clue what he meant. However, I hoped that he would finally explain everything to me because I deserved to know the truth! And if he tried to hide something from me again, I promised myself that I would insist and be stubborn until I got the truth out of him... or Gilbert.

I knocked and pushed the heavy door, using my whole body for maximum strength to open it. I found Michael and Gilbert already inside, waiting for me.

Gilbert was standing next to the huge fireplace, holding his chin and rubbing it, looking at the floor, thinking. Michael was sitting on his big chair with legs crossed, and his eyes were focused in one spot. They looked as if the world was going to end tonight.

I knew Adamus was a bad guy, but weren't they exaggerating it a little?

"YN, do come in..." Michael said and Gilbert growled at me as if I was the cause of all bad things. "Sit down.." he said, pointing at the chair next to him. "Gilbert, you too." he growled again, but didn't disobey Michael. He made sure he gave me a few death stares to let me know how much he disliked me. His eyes were filled with anger and glistened like the ones of a wolf, so I got scared. Michael must have noticed because he scolded him "Gilbert! Stop it right now!"
"I can't!" he looked at me "This is all her fault!" he hollered.
"NO IT'S NOT!" Michael hollered back at him.  
"Michael, I'm truly sorry if I had don-"
"No, YN, it's not you... It was all me. It's all my fault."
"I don't understand... you've been talking strange things lately like those from an hour ago... I must know what's really going on and how is Adamus connected to my safety!" I insisted. He sighed
"I will tell you everything... I won't hide anything from you, as much as want to. I only hope you won't hate me afterwards..." the pain in his voice was tremendous.
"I can never hate you! NEVER! Even if you killed me!" I told him and he looked at me
"Are you sure?"
"Yes!"
"I hope you really are and I'll ask you again after you hear my story." the burning fire from the fireplace reflected in Michael's dark-brown eyes and the flames gave different colors to his face.
"No matter what, Michael, my heart will always be yours because I love you more than anything else in the world!" he warmly looked at me and smiled.
"I love you more, YN." I couldn't help it but smile too.
"Oh mother of all werewolves... this makes me sick." Gilbert suddenly jumped in but we ignored him.
"I told you once how I became what I am today, right?"
"Yes, Michael, you did."
"But I left out one little detail..." he looked at me with guilt.
"Detail?" I begun thinking what this detail could be. He nodded his head
"Before I turned, I told you I had to deal with a wild crowd.. the whole village was against me."
"Yes!" I encouraged him to speak because he seemed afraid to.
"And before that I had a very strict father, so I've been dealing with hatred and aggression coming from humans all my life... as a human. Therefore, after I turned into a vampire and found all my beloved siblings dead, I decided to... write a book."
"The book that you mentioned before?" I curiously asked.
"Yes, the very same book. I was the author. I was young, tired of life, hurt, disappointed, lonely... I even tried to kill myself a few times but it didn't work... This was the point where all hope had abandoned me for I couldn't even end my own miserable life at my own accord. I believed that it was humans who were the ones to hold responsible for my unfortunate fate. So one night, I sat down and decided to create a law for our species - the vampires. It was supposed to be like God's 10 rules but especially written for us." he put his hand over mine and with pain in his eyes said "The very first law of the book... the very first thing I wrote down was... that a vampire must never fall in love with a human." I just didn't know what to say in this moment... "I believed that vampires and humans were two very different creatures that couldn't be mixed together in relationships. In my opinion, humans were the most evil creatures on this planet! Therefore, I forbade even friendships with... your kind." he looked away and I could tell he was embarrassed.
"I understand..."
"What do you mean?"
"I understand your concerns. People really are bad, Michael.." I immediately remembered my step mother, Jane.
"Maybe, but you are very different. You showed me that I was wrong about people. After spending an eternity of living isolated from humans, I believed that all of them were the same, until you came into my life... " I felt my cheeks become red.
"Where is this book now?" I asked. I wanted to look at it, it must be really old! Sometimes I couldn't control my own curiosity.
"In Washington. We keep it in a very special place where we hold the counsels in every 100 years. In it, I've also described how I became a vampire and how I turned the very first people into vampires, so it contains very important information about us, it's like our own bible, which leads me to another law - humans must never know about us. I guess, I've violated a lot of my own laws... Isn't this ironic?" he let out a giggle, but one that came from sadness "But do you know what? I've also learned a lot more other things, for instance, that vampires are even worse than humans. We are predators. We kill." he made a little pause and continued "But back to the main problem... after you told me that you met Adamus, I got angry because I knew that he suspected something."
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Yes, I am... the very same night, I met an old friend of mine - Marion. He said he was just passing by.."
"Adamus said the same thing!"
"Exactly! YN, they weren't just passing by..." he whispered "They had this planned." he looked in my eyes and I saw the pain in them "The first time Adamus saw you, he begun suspecting us. He must have shared it with Marion and their "passing by" was to find out the truth. That's why Adamus insisted on spending time with you."
"But why what would he need this Marion for?"
"It's very simple. Marion's job was to keep me and Gilbert occupied while Adamus was with you."
"Oh my God... I can't believe I fell into his trap!" now I realized what I have done "I'm so sorry Michael, I should have never gone with him! I should have never talked to him and-"
"It's not your fault, YN. Everything's my fault."
"What is going to happen now?" I asked.
"I suppose they have gathered the counsel with the eldest vampires."
"To tell them about us?"
"Yes."
"And then what?" he looked away. "Michael?" he closed his eyes as if he was hiding from me "You promised you'd tell me the truth! No matter what! Please no more hiding from me!" I put my hands on his big one and squeezed it "Please tell me! Talk to me! I'm begging you, Michael, don't hide anything from m-"

"They'll try to kill you!" Gilbert suddenly spoke.

After the echo of his voice disappeared, the library drowned in a sea of deadly silence. I removed my hands from Michael's big hand and leaned back in my chair.

I didn't know what to do or say. All I knew was that a bunch of vampires were going to be after me. I had zero chances.

"Do you hate me?" Michael, with eyes still closed, whispered after a few minutes of silence. Did I hate him? I could never hate him.
"No."
"Why not?" he hollered and jumped from his chair, his face covered in despair and pain "WHY DON'T YOU HATE ME! I DESERVE YOUR HATRED!" I've never seen him like this before! "DIDN'T YOU JUST HEAR GILBERT! They wanna kill you because I fell in love with you... because I created this law! IT'S MY FAULT! DON'T YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER MET ME! DON'T YOU DESPISE ME!!? DON'T YOU THINK I'M A CRUEL MONSTER!!!? DON'T YOU B-" I couldn't watch him like this anymore, so I got up, grabbed his face and pressed my lips onto his.

He immediately calmed down and placed his hands on my waist to pull me even closer to his body. Our lips moved in perfect synchrony.

I forgot about the vampires, the killing part, the troubles and all because I was in his arms. He was kissing me with passion and love so strong and real that it blew my mind.

"Ahem." Gilbert cleared his throat and although this brought us back to reality, Michael wouldn't let go of me.

His kisses were like a fountain of pure pleasure and joy! His hands held me so tightly, showing me that he was never going to give up on me!

He was proving to me his pure love and dedication until he simply stopped and removed me from his body, looking at the ground.

"What's wrong?" I doubted that it was Gilbert.
"We have company..." Michael said and Gilbert rose from his chair "It's Frank. I can smell him."
"Who's Frank?" I asked.

Do you think werewolves also have their own 'bible'? You'll find out soon. Oh and don't worry, this won't turn out like Twilight :D Btw, If you like werewolves, you can read my book Silver Sins if you haven't already :) Much love!!!