DA16MailsB1

1. As the man left the café, Maria saw that his phone was still on the table.

She picked it up, curious of what secrets it hid. As soon as she turned it on, she was startled by the face of the man that was sitting in front of her just a minute ago.

  He thanked her for picking up his phone; he told her that his whole life depended on that thing. Maria, driven by curiosity, asked him if she would ever see him again. He said it was not likely because of his job, but maybe if she came to that café at that exact same hour, she would find him there again, just like today.

  She went there every day at 6pm, thinking he might be there today, or maybe tomorrow, or maybe the day after. Without realizing it, she had fallen in love with this mysterious man of whom she knew nothing about. She fell in love with his sweet voice and charming stories. She was hopelessly, madly in love.

  But love, love is always changing.

  One day, exactly a year after their first encounter, the man came back to the café. He saw Maria, but as he was approaching her, another man got there first. He handed her a cup of coffee and kissed her. She looked happy. She had found another man…

3. It was a trip I will never forget

Well, we arrived home yesterday from China.  First let us say…..what a GREAT tour, we could not have wished for anything more!

 From our first day on our arrival when we saw my name on the board at Shanghai Airport, until the final trip to Beijing Airport to return home was amazing.  Shanghai was everything we had hoped for and the accommodation right through was fantastic.  The only hotel we weren’t keen on was Shanghai harbour view. We especially enjoyed the view here although the weather was so cold. We never had to carry our luggage once, everybody was so kind and helpful.  The hospitality we received all the way was phenomenal!

 We thought our private tour was exceptional as our guides were too. Our transfers were second-to-none.  We will certainly be referring this trip to all our friends.  Unfortunately, a couple of us (including myself) got sick along the way and had to use the aspirin, and to their credit, they were also fantastic. What a great idea for the health insurance, especially when you’re sick in a strange country. 

Thank you so much for all your hard work.  We will never forget this trip and it will foremost in our minds for many years to come. 

5.

Dear Hoa,

I’m happy that you rely on me as your pen-friend. So now I will give you some my advices on keeping fit and healthy. My husband and I were all less physically active than we used to be, mainly because of the sort of jobs we do. Regular exercise, playing sport or taking some form of physical activity for 30 minutes at least five days a week will have a positive effect on your health.

Regular exercise can help increase your energy levels, reduce stress and burn fat to keep your weight down. It can also keep organs, like your heart, healthy.

You could go to a gym, join a class or go for a swim. You can join in with team sports, such as football or netball. If you’re short of time, why not keep fit by riding a bike or walking briskly instead of driving or taking the bus?

6.

Betty Hernandez

1400 Main St.

Sometown, PA 11111

Phone: (215) 555-5555

betty@somedomain.com

Jan. 10, 2012