Chapter 3: Tears and Bloodshed

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!" I screamed, kicking the truck walls with my feet.
I can't remember how long I've been in here. But it felt like a century.
Maybe even more.
0.5 glared at me from the passenger seat. "Pipe down, brat, or I'll blow your fucking brains out!" He yelled, a gun resting on his lap. I whimpered, tears escaping my eyes. "I wanna go home...." I whispered.
Suddenly, the truck halted to a stop. "We're here." 0.5 announced.
Gee, Sherlock, how'd you guess?
I was dragged out of the truck. I looked around. Wasteland all around me.
"W-Where are we?..."
Suddenly, armored men started dragging a man out of another truck. The man had yellowish-orange hair that almost resembled flames. He was yelling and kicking, wearing a prisoner suit.
I quivered in the distance.
Suddenly, the man looked at me. Menacingly.
The armored men pushed us inside a large building with capsules inside. The men forced us into one capsule.
And left us there.
Alone.
The man glared at me.
"Who are you and what the hell are you doing here?!" He demanded.
I felt tears running down my face.
"M-My name is A-Anne, sir....."
The man's eyes softened. He sighed and held out his hand. "The name's Heath. Nice to meet you, Anne." He said, a smile plastered on his face.
I smiled back and shook Heath's hand.
He tilted his head. "So, Anne, What are you doing in a hellhole like this?"
I shrugged. "I don't know. I was at school when these men dragged me away." I said softly.
Heath turned serious. "Kid... Can you keep a secret?" He asked sternly.
I nodded.
Heath leaned in.
"We're here because of something called 'The Nuclear War' They take the outcasts and keep them in capsules while the 'normals' die in the explosion."