[ 27 ] radio silence

Começar do início

"The Exodus ship was—"

A scream suddenly cut through the air over the camp, frenzied cries following in its wake. Jinny and Bellamy whipped around, and watched in horror as a fire blazed from the meat house. They ran over, hurriedly looking for Octavia as the girl stumbled out from the shack and into their arms with soot smeared on her face.

"Are you okay?" Bellamy sat her down on the ground as she coughed, nodding to show that she was. Jinny rubbed her back in concern, noticing Murphy angrily getting up from the ground beside her.

"This is all your fault!" he shouted, rushing forwards at a kid named Del. He grabbed the boy by the collar and punched him in the face. "I told you there was too much wood!"

   "Hey!" Bellamy yelled as they started to scuffle

"Hey!" Bellamy yelled as they started to scuffle. He got up and grabbed hold of the back of Murphy's jacket and pulled the two boys apart. "Stop it! Save it for the Grounders!"

Jinny turned to Octavia. "Is it true? It was his fault?"

"He kept feeding the fire." Octavia swallowed. "We warned him not to but he wouldn't listen. By the time we—"

Jinny stood up and strode towards Del, knocking him out with one punch to the head. Everyone stared at her and Bellamy cocked his head to the side in disgruntlement, letting out a heavy breath through his nose. "Seriously?"

"Anybody who's stupid or steps out of line again is gonna get worse than that." Jinny pointed.

"What are we gonna do now?" Octavia asked. "That was all the food."

Jinny exchanged glances with Bellamy and Clarke who had ran over as quickly as she could. "We can't defend ourselves if we're starving," the blonde said.

"The whole Grounder army is out there." Bellamy frowned.

"Then we arm ourselves to the teeth," Jinny told them as she pointed towards the forest. "We hunt."

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Each group take someone with a gun," Bellamy instructed as he hefted his own rifle slung across his shoulder. "They're for killing Grounders, not food. We don't have the ammo. Use the spears for hunting, get what you can, be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark."

"If anyone's good enough to kill a Grounder without wasting a bullet," Jinny announced as she tugged on the string of her wooden bow with a quiver of arrows on her back. "I'll give you the first batch of Monty's moonshine."

Cheers erupted at her bet and she grinned widely as Bellamy shook his head at her. He turned around and made his way towards the exit.

"Just don't get yourself killed!" she called as she headed outside with him. They went to their tents to grab their gear before meeting at the gate and starting off into the woods to hunt. Jinny gripped her bow tightly in hand with an arrow knocked in place. A dagger was strapped to her belt and another one hidden in her boot. She opted not to bring a gun because the weight would just burden her, so Bellamy took it upon himself to be her bodyguard.