Chapter 2

Years pasted and Peter was 21 and working very hard in the bakery. With his mother getting sick, he had to help with father more in the bakery as well as taking care for his mother. The doctor would come by weekly to check on her health while the priest would come over to bless her and pray with her. The doctors said she was a fighter and will be okay, but Peter knew his mother was very sick.
"Peter, how are those rolls looking" his father yelled from the other room.
"Done" he replied back.
"Good, Mr. Solinski will be coming any minute to pick them up" he said as the door bells ring and in come walking and. Solinski.
"Good evening Mr. Solinski, how are you doing today" Peter asked
"Just fine, I just wish it was stop raining. How are my rolls?" He asked.
"Just coming out of the oven. I will be right back" Peter said taking them out and putting them in a bag for him.
"Fresh out of the oven" Peter said smiling.
"Ummm, the smell so good. Like always. Here is your money and keep the change" he said.
"Are you sure" Peter asked.
"Yes, I insist" he said with a great big smile and walked out.
"Say dry" Peter said before He walked out and the doorbells jingled once more.
"Well will close up shop early today, with the bad, rainy weather, no one will be coming out to shop for bread. It will be wet by the time they get home"
"Okay, dad, I'll start making the bread mix for tomorrow" Peter said and got the flour and other ingredients out.
He no longer needed a recipe to make the bread, he had the recipe all up in his head memorized. As he was making the bread dough, he could hear the pounding of the rain on the roof of their bakery. It was getting harder and harder as the minutes went on. Then every once in a while, you would hear a rumble, then a big loud thump of thunder. There bakery was near the port and he could here, once in a while, fog horns from ships and see flashes on light from the light house to guide the ships into the harbor. It was very bad out there and Peter was lucky he had a warm dry place to sleep.
The next day, the rain had stopped and everyone was drying out everything. From socks to books to rugs. Peter's bread dough last night had turned into a fresh loaf of bread and he was on his way to deliver it to Mrs. Loomer, an old widow who lives by the sea shore. Peter new for sure that she had some damage at her house from the storm and had rubbish wash up again her property so he prepared himself to help her out.
As we walked up her staircase she opened the door wide and came running to Peter.
"I am so hungry, where are you been. I have almost died of being parched" she said and put her hand out for the bread.
"The roads were a little wet this morning so I had to go slow and take detours, I'm sorry I am late Mrs. Loomer." He said
"I'm just messing with you, I am just glad you are safe and my house doesn't have a whole in it" she said laughing "would you like to come in" she asked
"Yes I would" he said then walked in behind her. She got him some tea and a knife to cut the bread and they sat down at her table.
"If there is anything you need me to fix around here from last night" he said as he took a sip of his tea.
"Why yes, done by the water there was lots of garbage washed on to my property. Would you be so kindly to go pick it up for me" she ashes then took a huge slice of bread and took a big bit out of it.
Trying not to laugh at her for the way she was eating her bread, Peter said "yes, after my tea I'll head down"
So Peter headed down to the water. The waves were still a little hard and ruff but it was slowly calming down. There was lots of broke signs, pieces of wood, a shoe, and lots more. As he was picking the trash up, he saw sitting shinning in the sand near the shot that hit his attention. Walking closer to it he tired to guess what it was. Gold? Metal? A diamond? Glass? He picked it up and it was a glass green bottle and in it was a letter. This was amazing, he had never seen a message inside a bottle before. He opened the bottle he found laying in the sand and took the the aged paper from inside. He carefully unrolled it from his cold and trembling hands and started into disbelief in what it read.
"Help me please, I beg you for, the King has locked me away. I'm in a cave but first the dragon you must slay. I'm a princess if you free me all my riches will be yours and the kingdom will be ours forever more. Elena."