CHAPTER FOURTEEN

We walked to the loop exit and arrived in Whales 2016. I stoped right after we left the cave.

"What is it?" Jake asked

"I have to go back... Please, i forgot to give Enoch my phone so i could call him. He can go out of the loop for a bit, so we could talk." Jake sighed and nodded, i gave him a big smile and went back to 1940.

I ran all the way to the mansion and i felt unsafe since it was so dark. I opened the door, went to my room, took out my phone and wrote Enoch a note.

"Enoch, i went all the way here just to leave you my phone so you could call me. I hope you know how this thing works, i don't have much time, the boat's leaving in thirty minutes i guess... Don't let Miss Peregrine see that you have it, you could just sneak out a few times, stay safe. I'll see you soon, Vivian" I went inside his room and left the note and the phone beside his pillow and left through the window. I made myself float down and ran all the way back to the loop entrance. I left 1940 and bumped into Jake.

"Sorry... Im just tired from running." I said catching my breath.

"The boat ride to England takes about an hour, we better go." He grabbed my wrist and we ran all the way to the docks and got on to the boat, just me and Jake.

"Im not a big fan of boat rides." I mumbled to myself and looked around to see nothing but water.

"Me too, I have a place in England. You could try calling Enoch when we get there i guess. I have my phone with me, you could just add your number." He managed to say through the sounds of the waves crashing.

It was pretty early, Jake let me sleep for awhile though. I didn't really fall asleep, more like closing my eyes and pretending im asleep to avoid unwanted conversations. Im good at that honestly.

We were on the same boat Jake was on when he arrived in Cairnholm. I opened my eyes and looked around, Jake fell asleep on the railing. I looked at his hoodie and saw a light and heard vibrating. I took out his phone and saw my number, guess it's Enoch. I pressed answer and held the phone up my ear.

"Go to sleep Enoch." I smiled.

"Good guess, but no. It's Emma. Sorry if i used your phone, i just wanna know how are you two doing?"

"Were good. Jake's asleep, how are the other's?"

"Asleep of course, exept for Millard though. He's been walking around the hallway."

"Do you know why?"

"Heaven knows, anyway i have to get back to the loop. Take care Vivian."

"You too Emma." I hung up the phone and placed it back in Jake's hoodie.

After an hour of waiting in the boat that made me abit sea sick we finally reached England. Jake carried my suitcase on the way to his place.

"So, when did you have time to get that penthouse of your's?"

"A friend got it for me on my birthday."

"Some friend you have there." I scoffed and moved my hair out of my face.

We walked for about twenty minutes and reached his apartment, it didn't look like an apartment at all. He got a key out of his pocket and opened the door.

"You kept the key?"

"Before i left Florida for good, i thought maybe it would come in handy one day." He let me in and it had a giant living room and a modern looking kitchen.

"Your room's upstairs, it comes with a bathroom." He handed me another key and i made my way to the second floor. I found my room and I opened the door.

It was a room, painted white with black furniture. I flopped down the bed and heard Jake dropped my suitcase beside the bed.

"Wanna go shopping tomorrow, Vie?" I turned over and smirked.

"You don't have to ask me twice."

"Just rest for now. I'll make us lunch." He left the room and i made the door close. I made my suitcase open with a wave of my hand and made the clothes float their way to the drawers.

I went to the bathroom, the tiles were white marble, there was a bathtub and everything. I made the door lock and i took of my shoes and my leggings. I walked back to my bed and noticed there was a balcony.

I looked stupid walking around my room with no pants on. I pulled back the curtains and went under the blanket. I looked at my watch and noticed it stopped working, guess it only works in the loop.

Thinking about Enoch is so confusing. Do i love him or not? After a few days in the loop he says he loves me? I couldn't blame him. He liked Emma for so long, then when she was together with Jake he got his heart broken. It takes awhile to understand what 'i love you' really means.

"Vivian, i thought you would prefer eating in bed, so i got you french toast." He grinned and placed the plate and cup on my nightstand.

"Well, you guessed right. I'd rather eat in bed, pretty tired." I gave him a light smile and picked up the drink.

"It's just water, we could go get food after we go buy clothes."

"Yeah... Sounds good. I'll just stay here for abit." I gave Jake a weak smile and he reached for something on the floor.

"This used to be my old macbook. You could use it for now. Headphones are in the drawer." He handed me the laptop and left with a smile. I really didn't know what to do, so i plugged in the headphones and placed the laptop on the nightstand and just played some music while i zoned out.

After an hour of listening to music i took of the headphones and layed on my side, suddenly i heard voices downstairs. I put on some sweatpants and walked downstairs.

"Jake, who you talking to?"

"On the phone with my friend here in London." He smiled and placed his phone in his pocket.

"Wanna go out and explore for a bit?" He grinned.

"Would love to." I smiled back and got ready to go out.

Happy Birthday to me! :3