The Reason

The rain poured and the day was long. It's been raining for a good few days now and not a ray of sunshine broke from the dark clouds. It was one of those days where it was slow and barely anything good would happen. Not allot of good comes out of rainy days. Sanji thought to himself wiping down the counters of the Baratie. He had one of those boring days not seeing a certain woman in his life. His girlfriend. One of the most curviest women he had met. She was funny and beautiful and would visit him everyday at work. But today she didn't show up. He perked up to the empty restaurant. But. Still empty. He sighed before going out back and sitting on the steps. He lit himself a cigarette staying dry under the roof. He heard a faint giggling of a couple that was pressed together at the end of the alley. She giggled as his hands slid up her shirt. Sanji pursed his lips before turning away from the figures. Then his head got lost about the blonde girl.

"Rose." Sanji sighed exhaling the smoke.

He stomped out the bud before going inside. He locked the back door, he double checked the storage before locking the fridge.

"Try breaking into this Luffy." Sanji muttered.

He shut off the lights to the kitchen before getting up to the door and locking the kitchen door. There was a phone call having Sanji perk up. He picked up the phone leaning against the wall.

"This is the shitty restaurant, so-"

"Is that how you answer the phone to customers?" Zeff growled.

"What do you want old man?"

"Im making sure your locking up everything alright."

Sanji groaned, "I did, I've been doing this for years."

"If you say so."

Then Zeff went over the check list to the restaurant. Sanji agreed that he had locked up everything and all. Zeff said his goodnight and goodbye as Sanji hung up and shut off the lights. He pulled on his coat and opened his umbrella. He walked past the alley to find the couple still going at it. But. He made eye contact with the girl. Who ended up being.

"Rose." Sanji whimpered.

He dropped his umbrella as Rose pushed off the long haired brunette.

"Sanji wh-what are you doing here?" Rose asked.

"I was closing up the restaurant, what, what are you doing?"

"Sanji it's no-"

But Sanji socked the man in the face. He hissed shaking his hand.

"Damn it." He growled.

He obviously wasn't thinking straight as he stood above the man with a bleeding nose. Rose tried to hold him back, but. Everything seemed to be a blur until he was pulled off the man who was bruised and bleeding. He was pressed against a wall and cuffed. Sanji glared back at the man yelling curses and spitting names before he was shut up in the back of the police car. He was taken into custody where his cigarettes and everything else he had was taken from him. He was tossed into a holding cell and given one phone call.

"What you do this time?" Zeff asked.

"I beat up a guy for making out with Rose." Sanji sighed.

"Dumbass, I'm not bailing you out this time. You get to learn your lesson. Dumbass eggplant."

"Wait Dad."

Zeff bit the inside of his cheek.

"You knew, you knew she was cheating on me didn't you?"

"Eggplant I-"

"I want to know the truth."

"I did."

"How long? How long have you known and you haven't told your son?!"

Sanji was in tears by this point, he heard Zeff sigh.

"A few months. If I told you, you wouldn't of believed me. You didn't believe anyone else when they told you-"

Sanji slammed the phone shut before being taken back to his holding cell.

"Just take me away already!" Sanji barked.

And three days later, Sanji was sitting before a judge as Rose and her current boyfriend sat on another table beside them. Sanji's hand was bandaged as he looked down at his lap while his case was being discussed. He perked up to find a set of eyes on him. A golden set with a man with slick back black hair. All of his facial hair came to a point. Sanji turned away as the judge banged the gavel.

"Sanji Black, I sentence you to six years in prison for second degree domestic violence." She said.

And with that, Sanji stood being taking away by two officers. As he was being lead out of a back door. He turned to see Zeff standing clutching the railing. He turned away going into the back. Where he was put into a heavy metal car with a few others. They all sat quietly until the doors were shut.

"So, that guy is still alive?"

Sanji perked up to the others making conversation.

"Yeah, that kid is now one of the toughest guys there."

"Who?" Sanji asked.

"You must be a newbie."

Sanji nodded.

"Well. We will educate you."

They went over the people he should and shouldn't hang out with. What they can get caught with and what isn't. Sanji couldn't tell if they were messing with them or not.

"But, under no circumstances. Don't go near him."

"Him?"

The doors opened pulling the men out and into a building. There was a loud buzzing having a large door open and they went inside. Each of them were stripped of there clothes and into baggy orange jump suits. There heads shaved besides Sanji's bangs. He was then taken into a room where he was finger printed.

"Sanji Black?" An officer asked.

"Yeah?"

He chuckled softly, "I'd hate to be in your shoes."

Sanji cocked a curled brow, "Why?"

"Oh, you will see."

There was another loud buzz as two officers came in and grabbed Sanji by his arms and pulled him out into the prison. He stood looking around as men were clutching onto there cell bars watching them.

"Blonde goes to 1031."

There was a wild howl having Sanji look around to the others. They called him names, like Roronoa's toy, dead man walking, and newbie. As they got to the cell there sat a man doing push ups on three fingers. He perked up, before getting up. Sanji gulped seeing the very toned man with his three earrings dangling. Mossy green hair hair and one steal eye staring into Sanji's being. Was this the man they were talking about?

"Meet your new cellmate. Zoro Roronoa ." The officer said.