2

Fate is just an excuse for people who can't do things for themselves.

At least that's what Sienna thinks.

Ever since the last time she spoke with Finley, she's been avoiding him. She felt embarrassed for she was about to confess her love to him, but she changed her mind on the spot.

Stupid, Sienna thought. Freaking dumb.
Although it's been a year, she still can't stop playing the scenario in her head. I completely embarrassed myself. Food? I'm in love with food? At least I stopped myself or else I would've regretted it.

At the same time, regret what? There was no regrets. Sienna missed those nights they stayed up talking. And their awkward conversations.

Sienna missed the thought of him.

Not his self.

He was just a piece of art to admire from afar.

Out of all the people, he just had to bump into her.

In a school with over a thousand people, it was her.

It was totally just a coincidence. He just magically appeared out of nowhere.

Sienna wished she never met him. However, she wouldn't have experienced this kind of thing before.

Sienna sighed, pushing strays of hair away from her face. "Where's Edaile? It's been nearly an hour," Sienna whispered to herself. She was waiting for her friend to meet her by the bench. Ever since Edaile found somebody, they haven't hung out in a while.

Sienna's eyes locked with a familiar set of eyes. They bored into hers, before they both looked away. Sienna's cheeks turned pink.

It was Finley.

Finley's friend, Carlson, said something to him before they both looked weirded out, and left to Finley's car.

Sienna shrugged. She always thought about him. Even though it's been a year, he will always be in her thoughts. I probably don't even cross his mind.

It's not that she didn't want to think of him,

it's just that he probably doesn't think of her.

Why waste time on someone who doesn't care for your well-being, and doesn't give a damn about you?

Is it because they're important to you?

Just stop and think for a second.

All those times you think of a certain someone, do you think you cross their minds at all?

Maybe just for a few seconds,

and then you're just a burden in the back of their minds.

If only there was a way to know if they even care for you.

Honestly, don't waste time on someone who doesn't appreciate you.

Nevertheless, we still do it

Because we have nothing else to do,
or we have hope.

That's all we do, not literally, although we hope and hope for things that may not even happen.

All those 11:11 wishes, and signs. Do they even work?

It was as if he were a drug, and she was addicted to him.

Except he wasn't.

It was as if he were sending signals to her brain, as her pupils started to get bigger and make her heart beat faster.

It's like being over taken by big waves,

and having no control over yourself,

as the water starts to drag you down,
six feet under.

Sienna snapped back to her conscience. "Sienna, I'm right here. Are you alright? Sorry I'm late," Edaile spoke, waving 5 fingers across her face. "You okay there bud? You zoned out."

Sienna gulped, "Y-yeah."

Edaile smiled, and engulfed Sienna into a warm hug. "I missed you."

Sienna felt a buzz in her pocket. After they unlatched themselves from one another, Sienna took out her phone from her pocket.

Today 3:42PM

F: I miss u

Sienna raised her brow. She gave Edaile a look.
"I just got a message from Finley," Sienna told her. She showed Edaile the message.

"Honestly, just ignore it. It's probably a joke," Edaile replied. Edaile took the phone from her hands, and put it facing down on her lap. "You guys literally haven't seen each other in a long time, then he texts you 'I miss you' out of nowhere? Don't you find that sketchy?"

"I mean yes, but-"

"But no. It's bizarre, Sienna. It might be a prank or something, just please don't go back to him. I know I haven't been here for you these days, but take my word on this," Edaile begged, taking Sienna's hand into hers. "You're not some toy to be tossed around and played with. I don't want this to happen to you again. You can find someone better. Someone who will do everything in their way just to be with you."

Sienna nodded, understandingly. "I'll try not to."

3:46PM

F: Please talk to me

3:47PM

F: I need you