Not Giving Up

August POV

So it's been a few hours since my little blow up with Ri. I admit I still feel some type of way about her just friends bullshit. I knew I wasn't really done with her but for now I was just gone blow some steam off. I went up to my room and dug through my bottom drawer to find my stash. I got my kit and rolled me one and went to the back porch so it didn't leave the smell in the house.

I lit it up and did what I do Inhale....Exhale...Inhale.....Exhale. I was feeling it when my phone rang. I took my last hit and went to see who it was. I saw it was chris and plopped down on the couch.

"What's good?" I answered. "Aye so I found up what Ri and them up to tonight." Part of me wanted to know the other part ain't even care. "What?" I asked curious. "Well they got tickets to the drake performance tonight." "ain't that been sold out for months.." "Yeah but I guess this nigga named Omari was feeling Ri and got them. If u down my homeboy work down there and said he'll get us in." "Nigga so what imma do go down there and spy on her." "Omari nigga remember that. Maybe that's why she friended yo ass." I began to think. Naw she wouldn't. Would she? "Fuck it. I'll meet you there in a few." Click.

I had like an hour so I just hopped in the shower and brushed my teeth. I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked in my closet. I had to look extra fresh tonight but if this nigga Omari tried anything there would be problems. I decided to wear my black cargoes and my black and red Jordan shirt with black and red Jordan's. I knew Ri liked my bottom grill so I put it in. My phone beeped and I went to check it. It was Ri.

MyOneAndOnlyRi💍: I'm sorry...I know I was wrong but I'm sorry I hurt you. Just don't give up on me please!

I smiled and replied. I love u.
Little did she know I wasn't given up baby girl. I was just getting started.

Ri Pov

"Ayyeee" Tatianna and Jade said as walked inside "Y'all ready?" I yelled over the loud crowd. "Hell yeah" Jade answered. We found a spot and got turned up to the dj. We was dancing and taking pics when this deep voice said "y'all enjoying yourselves?" "yesss" we all answered. "Ok Ri this is Omari." "Hey" I said shaking his hand. "Thanks for the tickets" I added. "Anytime especially for someone as beautiful as you." I blushed and took my hand back. "Well ladies enjoy the night and Amerie may I have a dance later?" he asked looking dead in my eyes with a smirk. "Maybe..." I said trying to escape his gaze. My phone beeped and I saw the text from August and my heart fluttered. I love you. I smiled and put the phone back in my purse. I loved him too.

"Ok. Ok. Ok. Are you guys ready for Drizzy Drake?" The Dj asked. The crowd got hyped and just screamed. "I can't hear y'all. I said are you ready for Drizzy Drake?" He screamed in the mic. The crowd got louder. "Make some noise for Drake!" He appeared and everybody went crazy. "How y'all feeling tonight?" He asked. He looked so much sexier in person. I look to my left and Jade and Tat were screaming like they was dying. The beat dropped to started from the bottom and the night began. "Oh my god I love him Tati" yelled to us. "Don't be talking about my baby daddy like that" jade added. "Mhmm thought you ain't fuck with the light skins." I said laughing. "Well he's an exception haha" she laughed. We must have been dancing for a while because I was tired and out of breath. I stopped and decided I needed to get a drink of water. "Yo I'm going to get something to drink. You want something." "Water" they both answered out of breath. As I was walking to the bar I thought I saw someone who looked like August. I looked again but it was too many people and not enough light I couldn't be sure. I got to the bar and got 3 bottles of water. "$7.50" the guy told me. I handed him a 10 and told him to keep the change. I took a seat and decided to just chill here for a few minutes.

"Hey Sexy Lady." Omari said taking a seat next to me. "Hey" I said awkwardly. Don't get me wrong Omari is cute and all but I'm not interested and besides the way he looks at me. Like he's creep as fuck. "So when am I gonna get my dance?" he asked smugly. "I said maybe." "Well can I get a little teaser?" he said sliding his hand on my thigh. "Aye what you think your doing?" "You actin real ungrateful." he said moving his hand further up my thigh. I swatted it off. "For what a few drake tickets? Is that why you gave Tati the tickets anyway. You thought I was gone sleep with you?" I semi-yelled causing everybody in the area to look at me. "Calm the fuck down. You drawing a scene." He put his hand back on my thigh. "Now I'm giving you one more chance. Give me what I want or I'll have to take it." He said grabbing my thigh super hard. "Get off me. Your hurting me!" I yelled this time and didn't care who stared at me. I pushed him off one last time and stood up and grabbed the bottles of water and tried to make my way toward Tatianna and Jade. "Where you think you goin?" he said grabbing my arm. "Stop Omari!" I said trying to yank away. His grip just got worst. I was definitely going to have a bruise tomorrow.

"She said let her go" I looked up and saw....August. So it was him that I saw earlier. How'd he know I was gonna be here and why had he come to my rescue especially after what happened today. August inched closer to him as he let go of my arm. "Now I should whoop yo ass but since I ain't trying to get blood on my J's you get a pass for tonight." August said pushing Omari in the chest. "But if I hear anything about you messing with what's mine. You gone have a problem." Omari raised his hands and back away "My bad. I didn't know she was with you." "Now you do!" August said in a serious tone. "Now get the fuck out of my face before I change my mind." He spat. And Omari disappeared into the crowd.

"August..." I was cut off by his kiss. My lips intertwined with his. Our tongues wrestling with each other. God I missed his kisses I thought moaning into the kiss. He pulled away and looked into my eyes. "I'm sorry" I finally said. "I don't even care anymore. Are you ok?" he asked looking at my arm. "Yeah. How'd you I was going to be here?" "Tatianna told Chris and I saw you walking to the bar. I was coming to talk to you when that nigga Omari sat down so I was walking away and then I noticed everybody kept staring over there and I heard you yelling." "Thank you" I said kissing him again. I grabbed his hand and walked back to the girls. "Oh look who it is" Tat said hugging August while Jade waved. "Is chris here?" Tat asked. "Yeah he somewhere." Aug answered.

"Pause the music." Drake instructed into the mic. "Alright I want to dedicate this song to all my fans. I love y'all for rocking with and appreciate the love. I know our time is up but I wanna send y'all home the right way. Drop the beat." The beat to hold on we're going home started and August wrapped his arms around my waist. As Drake sang August sang in my ear.

You're the girl
You're the one
Gave you every
Thing I love
I think there's something
Baby
I think there's something
Baby

You're the girl,
You're the one
Gave you every
Thing I love
I think there's something
Baby
I think there's something
Baby

'Cause you're a good girl and you know it
You act so different around me
'Cause you're a good girl and you know it
I know exactly who you could be

Oh just hold on we're going home (goin' home)
Just hold on we're going home (goin' home)
It's hard to do these things alone (things alone)
Just hold on we're going home (goin' home)

Drake closed his set and the lights came back on. We all walked out. "Hey you getting a ride back with us?" Jade asked. "Nah she good." August answered. I just looked at him and smiled. We waved goodbye to them and walked to his car. He went and opened my door to let me in then got in on his side. "Hey so we good right?" he said leaning back in his seat. "More than good." I said kissing him on the lips softly. "I love you August." He just smile and started the car. Hold On We're going home came on the radio and we laughed.

"Alright Ma let's go home." He said heading out the parking lot. I got my baby back and that's all that mattered.

COMMENT! VOTE! SHARE! LET ME KNOW HOW Y'ALL FEEL!

AUGUST AND AMERIE BACK TOGETHER :)

SHOULD AUGUST HAVE FOUGHT OMARI?

WHAT'S UP WITH TATI AND CHRIS?

ALMOST 4K READERS!!

LOVE Y'ALL

-LIBRA XOXO