Ch 1

"Don't forget milk!" my mom yells from up the stairs. "Okay mom bye" I say as I shut the door. I've only been here for 2 hours and she's already making me run errands for her. When I get to the grocery store I grab my purse and reapply my lipgloss before going inside. I grab the milk and go to the shortest isle. It's always weird coming back here because it feels like home unlike where I actually live. Me and my sister Meghan used to live here with our parents until they got divorced when I was 14. We moved with my dad and my mom stayed here. ever since I got my license a couple months ago, I have been visiting my mom. A lot has happened to this town since we moved, but I will always have my best friend Stacy who lives a couple houses down from my mom. I check out and drive home. I drop off the milk and head over to Stacy's house. I start walking down the street and see a shirtless guy mowing his lawn. DAMN that boy is fine I think while giggling. As I pass his house he looks up and our eyes meet. I realize I'm standing in the middle of the road and look away. When I look up he has already turned away continuing to mow the lawn, so I just keep walking until I get to Stacy's house. I walk up the familiar driveway and knock on the door while still thinking about that boy. "AVERY" Stacy yells when she sees me and gives me a huge hug. "Hey stace, I need to ask you about someone."