Chapter Ten

Tracing Marilyn's lips with my finger, I felt the softness. They were warm and smooth, and amazing to kiss, which I now knew. Still straddling his lap, I gazed into his eyes, which were full of a mix of wonder and love, and couldn't help but smile wider.

"I love you." He told me, and kissed me.

Once he pulled away, I giggled softly and replied.

"I love you too!"

"Well I love you more." He winked. "Oh God that was so cheesy."

"..I like cheese." I shrugged.

"Of course you do." He said and kissed my forehead.

Again, I smiled a lot more than I should have. If I was to smile anymore that day my face would probably get stuck like it!

Marilyn opened his mouth to say something, but stopped and chuckled when I was taken over by a huge yawn.

"If that yawn was to get any bigger, I'd probably worry about getting inhaled." He laughed.

"Shush you!" I blushed.

"Fair enough. Anyway, I better take you upstairs, you're tired."

"Sure." I mumbled, only just realizing how tired I actually was.

Scooping me into his arms bridal style, Marilyn then proceeded to stand up and head out of the room to the stairs; I clung on to him for dear life, genuinely startled by the gesture.

"Don't worry I won't drop you." He chuckled, seeing my face.

"Whatever you say.." I said warily.

"What? I won't- oh!" He blurted, and then pretended to drop me, only to catch me less than a second later.

I squealed as he did it though, and gripped his shirt even tighter.

"I was messing around, I wouldn't actually drop you- shit!" Marilyn cussed before we both toppled to the floor.

"What are you doing down there?!" Pogo snapped after he stormed out of his room and to the top of the stairs.

"I just tripped over your fucking shoe!" Marilyn yelled.

"Well sorry!" Pogo huffed sarcastically.

Marilyn mumbled a few words under his breath in frustration before looking back at me. He found the situation annoying whereas I found it hilarious.

"Sorry, that wasn't meant to happen." He grinned sheepishly.

"Sure!" I laughed. "But can you take your elbow out of my rib cage please?"

"Oh, yes, right." He chuckled awkwardly, and shifted so he was kneeling down beside me, all his limbs thankfully kept to himself.

"Thank you." I said, and sat up. "Why don't we try walking up the stairs normally?"

"..That sounds like the best way to get up there." He nodded. "Come on." He kissed my cheek and got us both up.

After we walked upstairs and into his room, he handed me some pajamas. I stood in the doorway awkwardly holding them as he pulled back his bed covers. He looked up at me slightly confused, and then realization crossed his features.

"Oh! Right, well Pogo has the spare room so I was just assuming we'd.. share..?" He explained, but looked nervous. "Well I could always go in my parent's room if you don't want to, I mean that'll be fine-"

"Uh.. no.. it's fine." I mumbled, blushing slightly.

We'd slept cuddled up together before, so this time was no different.. right?