What Did We Do About CCD?

Flaming Phoenix has done extensive research through online blogs and articles, videos and TED talks, books and many talks with beekeepers and experts in the field. In addition to all this, our main contribution towards saving the bees has been spreading awareness about CCD. We believe that the more people we can come across to, the less bees would be killed.

In order to do this, these have been the awareness programs we have conducted.

On the 3rd and 4th of December 2016, we had put up a stall during a fundraiser event in our community. We had a tie up with The Hive Trust, an organization which aims towards the betterment of bees, and had sold honey, with a share of the profits going towards The Hive Trust. We'd managed to enlighten numerous folks on the benefits of bees in our ecosystem and even manged to inspire some towards becoming backyard beekeepers.

In fact, one of our customers on that day, being a local orchard keeper, had bought a bee box from the Hive Trust and is now investing on becoming a backyard beekeeper.

On the 8th of January 2017, we'd put up a stall in the local lake festival in Bangalore, called Kere Habba, where we'd sold honey lemonade and honey in order to contribute towards the Hive Trust. By doing this, we'd managed to spread awareness and gain a five-minute interview about bees with news reporters from TV 9. In addition to this, we'd also written an article for Eartha, an online magazine which aims towards spreading awareness about problems in our ecosystem.

We have also made an online petition towards banning Neonicotinoids present in Pesticides and insecticides which are very harmful towards bees as they affect bees' central nervous sytems. Sign our petition now at change.org!

https://www.change.org/p/shri-narendra-modi-save-the-bees-else-we-ll-cease-to-be

In our school, Greenwood High , we'd managed to plant a garden of bee-attracting flowers in order to provide nutrition for the bees. Lack of nutrition being one of the leading causes towards CCD, even one of these simple solutions could make a big difference to our winged friends!