CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

The Good News 

June 29, 2013. Saturday. They arrived home at the mansion house of the Quizons in Trista City. They were to attend Dave’s and Chloe’s wedding the following day. Jacob was the best man while Heart was the maid of honor. 

June 30, 2013. Sunday. Dave and Chloe joined in Holy Matrimony. It was a joyous event. Jacob and Heart felt very happy for their friends. Danna caught the wedding bouquet while Aaron caught the garter. 

After the reception, they went back home to their penthouse in Palmaine City. 

July 1, 2013. Monday. It was Jacob’s thirtieth birthday. They also needed to go back to their respective work. Ralph was left in-charge of QANZ while Dave and Chloe were on their weeklong honeymoon. 

Jacob and Heart woke up early and ended up making love again as they bathed at their spacious marble-clad ellipse-shaped bath tub. They dressed up and went to the dining room to eat the delicious breakfast that Oscar had prepared for them. 

They were about to sit down when Heart felt like vomiting. She immediately ran to the kitchen sink and threw up the vile liquid. 

Jacob quickly ran after her, supported her body and rubbed her back gently. Afterwards, she collapsed within his arms. 

Jacob immediately instructed Oscar to tell Felipe, his driver bodyguard to ready his SUV. He carried his wife and took the elevator down. They were escorted by three of her bodyguards. 

They rushed Heart to the ER of Palmaine Doctors’ Hospital. Her obstetrician-gynecologist in the same hospital had been paged immediately. Several standard tests had been done to Heart while Jacob waited by the waiting area at the lobby.   

After awhile, Jacob was fetched by a nurse and led him to a room where his wife was with her doctor Dr. Marilette Dones. The lab test results were already with her obstetrician-gynecologist.

Heart was already conscious. Jacob immediately sat beside her and gave her lips a short kiss then asked her doctor, “So what’s wrong with my wife, Dr. Dones." 

Dr. Dones started talking, “There’s nothing wrong about her, Mr. Quizon. Her lab results just revealed that she’s pregnant. The fetus inside her womb is more or less 4 weeks old but medically speaking, we can say that she’s 6 weeks pregnant because we consider her two weeks along the moment the baby is conceived.” 

Heart looked at him and told him, “We conceived our baby during our vacation trip.” 

Jacob smiled and asked her doctor, “So what must she avoid?” 

Dr. Dones said, “Well, she should avoid drinking alcohol and cut down her caffeine intake. She must drink lots of water, eat nutritious foods especially fruits, sleep early, and exercise. She also needs to take prenatal vitamins that I would prescribe.” 

Jacob then asked, “What about sex? Can we still do it?” 

Heart blushed with his question.

Dr. Dones smiled and assured them, “Sex is still very possible, Mr. Quizon.” 

After a few more discussions, they found out that their baby was due on or around February 21, 2014. Dr. Dones was aware of the death threats and the heavy workload that Heart had so she was also advised to lay low even just a little and avoid all different sorts of stress. She didn’t undergo ultrasound yet because it was still a little bit early for such. Her next prenatal checkup was scheduled and the prescription was given.