CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

The Wedding Announcement

Heart Zapanta was the only child of Charles Zapanta and Heather Aragon. Charles Zapanta was a very famous dramatic actor during his times. He had married an equally famous Spanish-American international ramp model, Heather. When Charles and Heather retired from their respective glamorous career, they had engaged in fashion business. Carlos had a degree in business management while Heather was an accomplished fashion designer. They were the forces behind the clothing company – A&Z. A&Z included casual clothing for both men and women. They also focused more on raising their only child – Heart.

Heart had grown up to be a well-travelled and well-educated young lady. 

She had spent Christmas vacations with her parents at Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, China, Japan, Tokyo, Dubai, South Korea, Brazil, Ireland and Mexico. She had also experienced summer vacations with her parents at Greece, Macau, UK, India, Israel, Denmark, Egypt, Netherlands, Brussels, South Africa, Australia, Belgium, Turkey, Czech Republic, Canada, Kenya, Nepal and Mongolia. 

Despite her parents being famous personalities, she had a sheltered life away from the limelight. She had managed to finish her education in prestigious schools with flying colors. She had finished pre-school to secondary education at Palmaine Montessori Center. She finished Bachelor of Arts Major in Interdisciplinary Studies focusing on Literature and Fine Arts from Athenaeum de Missi University in Maunni City. She was also taken summer lessons when she was still young in swimming, ballet, music (piano, guitar, drums and voice), taekwondo, foreign language, modeling, and fashion design. 

As soon as she finished her college education, she started working as a member of her father’s management staff. She also worked as a member of the company’s creative team headed by her mother. 

December 1, 2012. Saturday. It was the 25th anniversary of A&Z. All their relatives, business colleagues and friends attended the gathering. Heart was also able to meet up with her childhood friends in Trista City, Arginne during the anniversary party held in the vast garden of their mansion house in Palmaine City. They included her three cousins by her only uncle by her father and the only son of her father’s best friend. Her father, her uncle and her father’s best friend were all born in Trista City, Arginne. 

They had fun just like the old times. David Zapanta II whom they fondly called as Dave was the eldest and only son of her Uncle David, a widower. Dave was five years older than Heart. Dave came with his fiancée Chloe Diaz, an international ramp model. Dave was a lawyer by profession like his father. He was the legal counselor for A&Z Clothing Company. Her Uncle as well as his children collectively owned 20 percent shares of A&Z clothing company. Donna and Danna her twin cousins also worked for A&Z. Donna worked as the chief accountant while Danna like her worked as a member of the creative team. Donna came with her boyfriend, Ralph Alvarado, who was a licensed stockbroker. He supervised the sales of the preferred shares of A&Z as well as Q. On the other hand, Danna came with her boyfriend, Aaron Narvaez, who was a promising chemist. Donna and Danna were one year older than Heart. And lastly was, Jacob Quizon. He was the only son of John Quizon and Rose Dy. John Quizon is her father’s best friend. Jacob was as old as Dave. John and Rose Quizon were the forces behind the Q Shoe Company. John was its President while Rose was its creative team leader. John was an accountant/lawyer by profession before he started a shoe company with his Filipina-Chinese shoe designer wife, Rose. The Quizons also collectively owned 10 percent shares of A&Z in the same way that her parents owned 10 percent shares of Q. Q just like A&Z had its main office in Palmaine City and its factory and warehouse in Osqueta City, Arginne. Jacob had his own export company which supervised the export of the clothes and shoes of A&Z as well as Q. It is called JQ Enterprises.