Chapter 8: Audreys POV

I watched him drop to the ground, holding himself in pain. The evidence was clear on his face, if he caught me I was definitely in some deep shit!

My paws crashed to the ground as I raced back towards my hotel room.

As soon as I unlocked the door I grabbed my suitcase and hurriedly threw my belongings into the case.

I went over to the door to leave. I shouldn't have opened the door!

Maverick stood there with a murderous expression.
"You're coming with me!"

"I am not and you caaaan ahhh" Maverick had quickly picked me up and thrown me lazily on his shoulder. "Put me down right now! I am not going anywhere and certainly not with you!" I spent all my energy trying to punch his back, but this man was a rock. I might as well have been trying to punch air.

"You should keep doing that sweetheart, it gives me a nice view of your jiggling ass."

I gasp in surprise of how cocky and arrogant he was being, but ill show him. I quickly jerk my knee up and it catches him in the side of the head, the distraction long enough for me to wiggle out of his grasp. My feet softly land on the forest floor and I sprint. Although he catches up, I do the unexpected.

"What the..."

He was clearly not expecting me to turn around and jump on him. He falls to the ground and I move a hard knee into his stomach, knocking the wind from him. This gives me the opportunity to race away into the shadows of the woods.