Chapter 5: Audreys POV

Today was the day. My father, Derrick and I just spent 4 hours on a plane and were unpacking our luggage at the hotel about 5 miles from Silver Tail territory.

I really did not want to be here. My wolf is on edge and I can tell why. Our mate is close. She's over joyed while I'm a sulking mess.

Everyone thinks this will be a good thing for me, finding my mate, but do I? I haven't quite answered it for myself. I've had about 2 days to think on it. I'm just going for the whole saying, "what happens, happens." Still doesn't make me feel any better about the situation. A knock on my door brings me out of my thoughts.

I open the door to be hugged so tight I couldn't breathe.

"Leslie what are you doing here?!"

"Your dad invited me along as a surprise. He didn't want you to have to be alone with out some female company."

"I get you, spending a whole weekend with dad and Derrick doesn't seem fun. Haha. We can share the room. I guess now it makes sense as to why he would get me a whole hotel suite to myself."

"Ok I call this room over here," she says pointing to room I already put my stuff in.

"No can do, already moved in."

She pouts and says,"fiiiiine ill take the smaller room."

"If you wanted the bigger room you should have gotten here first," I reply smirking.

"Whatever sassy. Hurry up the party is in like an hour and your not even dressed yet."

"I have the dress laying on my bed, that's a start."

My dress was a skin tight purple, mid thigh length dress. I was more formal than casual and I really liked it.

I pointed to her clothes remarking, "Me? what about you? your still not dressed either."

"Well I just got here so your argue meant is invalid."

"How about we both get dressed then do each others makeup?"

"Sounds like a plan superman," she says giggling. "Hurry up though. I want to get there on time."

"Fine sheesh I'm going."

I walk into my room and strip myself of my regular clothes and slip on the dress. I check out myself in the mirror making sure it looked okay. It actually looked very beautiful. I walk out and Leslie's already sitting on the couch in her lacy, pink dress.

"Well it took you long enough Audrey."

I looked at the clock. "it's only been 10 minutes!"

"10 minutes too long. now go in the bathroom."

I walk in and Leslie already has all of her makeup set out on the countertop. "Got enough here, geez."

"Actually I kinda feel like I'm missing something."

"I don't see how."

Leslie gets to work on my face, applying eyeliner, mascara, and a purple, smoky eyeshadow. I put a peachy blush and hold eye shadow for her and she looked great.

We grabbed our clutch purses and headed out the front door. My dad drives us all to the pack house where the party is and we walk in, check in and head to the main room. I can smell his scent everywhere. It's intoxicating, but I don't want to loose my clear head. It just smells so delicious, like warm apple pie and cinnamon.

The party's in full gear when we head in. Me and Leslie make our way to the dance floor and start dancing.

Alpha Maverick isn't here yet and no sign of my mate, until the doors open. The alpha's arrived.