Chapter 3

When Kili and I got to the camp, Thorin, Fili, and Gandalf shot us concerning looks. I felt a bit awkward.
"Shyla, I wanted to thank you for everything. We will be setting off in about an hour." -Thorin said looking at me with his dark sleepy eyes.
"What's up with the line of Durins eyes?" -I said to myself.
"My pleasure-" I said, "if you need anything else, I'm right there."
"Shyla my dear, I need to speak with you before we set off." -Gandalf said looking down at me.
"I'll be in the house."
I started to walk off and looked back at Kili, he was already watching me, he grinned at me and put his head down shyly again.

I went on with my daily business, constantly thinking of Kili and saddened by the fact he was leaving and I wouldn't see him again.
I heard a knock on the door, I ran to it hoping it was him.
"Shyla my dear"
"Gandalf. Come in"
He came in and sat down.
"What can I get you?"
"Just tea, thank you." -he responded.
"What is it you needed to speak with me about?"
"Hm.. I couldn't help but notice Kili took far too long to fetch you. When you came, he looked different. He looked happy. Now Shyla, I don't want you to fall for this wreckless dwarf. He is leaving and I don't want your heart to be broken."
I looked down, he had just explained everything I was thinking all day.
"Now," he said "we are leaving soon. I will send Kili for something, I want you to tell him bye."
This broke my heart, I hadn't thought of saying goodbye to him yet.
I went on about my duties. When I heard a knock on the door.
"Kili!" I said to myself.
I ran to the door again.
"Gandalf sent me for an extra handkerchief for Bilbo."
"Let's go find one." I walked towards the living room. He followed.
"So are you leaving right now?" I asked.
"We should be heading off when I return back to them."
I handed him the handkerchief I found, with a tear in my eye I mumbled, "here you go"
He looked at me with the puppy dog eyes that he has. He looked very upset I was crying. Suddenly, he lifted up my face and gently put his lips on mine.