How to cherish the winter!

Bismillaahi wabihi nasta'en

Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wasallam said: “Winter is the best season for the believer. Its nights are long for him to pray in, and its days are short for him to fast in.”(Majmuz-zawaid-Hasan)

‘Umar bin al-Khattab said “Winter is the prize of the worshippers.” (Ahmad)

Ibn Mas’ud said: “Welcome to winter! Blessings descend in it, its nights are long to pray in, and its days are short to fast in.”

‘Ubayd bin ‘Umayr would say: “O people of the Qur’an! Your nights are now long for you to recite in. So, recite! Your days are now short for you to fast in. So, fast! Night prayer in the winter equals fasting during the day in the summer.”

One hadith says "Fasting in winter is cold ghaneemat" i.e. Easy booty

Prayer at Night (Tahajjud) : The #dua made at #tahajjud is like an arrow which does not miss its target. [Imam Ash-Shafi Rahimahullah]

Narrated 'Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said, "Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: "Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?"
Sahih al-Bukhari, Prayer at Night (Tahajjud)
Book 19, Hadith 26

______________________________________

Don't forget to set your alarm for Tahajjud Salah.
May Allah make fasting and Tahajjud prayer easy for us. Ameen

#wintersolstice
#tahajjud
#fasting