Part-3 "The Fallen Hero"

Mystery Pov

I arrived back on the beach just after the explosion with a platoon of guards behind me. The beach was shrouded by smoke. I held my breath, thinking of the fate of the brave fox who had just saved my life. While i was waiting for the smoke to clear, nearly everyone in Soleanna had gathered around the beach and waited silently.

Finally, the smoke cleared to reveal the ten fallen robots and the charred items that were left on the beach, visible from the light glowing off the moon. I looked around for the fox, and soon after, i saw something! I ran onto the beach toward an emerald green object on the sand. No one followed me onto the beach, everyone was just standing silently. When i got closer, i notice that the green object was... fur! It was the end of his tail. From what i could see, the fox was grey furred had green ear tips and a green tail tip. He was lying there, motionless. I couldn't see his injuries or anything else about him.

"Can somebody bring me a light please!" I yelled, worried about the fox in front of me.

A young human brought a flashlight over and shined it on the fox. "Oh my god." I said as i covered my mouth at what i saw. His back must have been hit by the blast. Half of the fur on his tail and other sections of his back were badly burnt.

I turned to the young man with the flashlight and asked "Can you help me carry him? Please?"

He nodded and we both lifted the fox up, putting his arms around our shoulders, and walked back toward the crowd. The crowd was shocked when the fox boy was brought into the light. There were screams, gasps, and an uproar of commotion throughout the crowd as they recognized their fallen hero.