Part-2 "Unexpected Changes"

The "Soleanna Freedom Festival". This festival was to celebrate and honor Sonic and his friends for stopping Eggman from taking over Soleanna. On this night everyone would gather outside for music and fireworks, including Queen Elise herself. But this night was going to change my life...

Sunset had fallen just below the horizon and dusk had arrived. I was running down the beach to get to my spot to watch the fireworks, when i got there and settled down the fireworks began. It was an amazing start for the night, the brilliant colors exploding in the air, but i felt as if something was wrong. I turned to look out over the ocean but with it being dusk out the only light to see with was the streetlights, the fireworks, and the full moon. Everything seemed calm out in the ocean but i wasn't looking to the night sky, and thats where the danger was.

A group of 10 of Eggman's rogue mechs landed on the beach. Everyone on the beach noticed the robots and began to run toward the center of Soleanna. I also scrambled to my feet and by that time the mechs began to open fire. Luckily, none of the bullets hit anyone. The bad thing was that the noise from the fireworks and music was drowning out the screams and gunfire so none of the Soleanna guards could know what was happening.

I was ready to run and get help but i saw that one of the robots had someone by the neck and was about to shoot them. So, instead of running away i ran towards the group of mechs and used my powers to craft a foot long, razor sharp, crystal throwing spike. When i got close enough i threw the spike at the bot holding them and the spike went straight the side of its head. The unknown person dropped to the ground gasping for air and the remaining 9 robots targeted me. I quickly crafted a crystal shield and crouched in front of the person so it covered us both as the bots open fired on us.

"Are you ok?" I ask as the force of the bullets on my shield begins to numb my arm. Still facing toward the bots.

A female voice replies "yeah I'm fine now"

"Good. Ma'am could you please run for some help? Ill try to hold them off." My arm hurting now from the countless bullets.

"Okay, thank you for saving me. I'll be right back with some help."

As she turned and ran toward the guard barracks that was near the center of Soleanna, i noticed that... she had a tail! She was like me!

I pushed the thoughts aside and i jammed my shield into the sand. I sat behind it and crafted several kunai and a double-bladed crystal staff. With the kunai in my hands i stood and threw them all at the robots and five bots fell with only four left.

I ducked behind my shield, grabbing the handle in one hand and the double-bladed staff in the other hand. The bots still moving around and firing at me, my shield blocking most of the bullets. I stood up and threw my shield with all my might at one of the robots. The sharp, tipped bottom of the shield went straight into the bots chest. The robot fell and the remaining three kept firing at me as i ran toward them. I dodged or blocked their bullets with ease as i held the double-blade ready to strike. As i approached, i jumped and severed two of the remaining bots heads clean off. I landed with a roll and plunged one of the blades into the final robots chest. When i pulled the blade out, the robot fell to the sand.

I stood up panting with the staff in hand and i notice a flashing red light coming from under one of the robots. I walked over to the bot and rolled it over with my foot, revealing whatever was making the flashing light. Then i realized... It was a bomb! I turned and began to run but then the bomb detonated, shooting an explosion of flames and smoke into the sky big enough for all of Soleanna to see.