New Beginnings

Yuuri POV
-------------------------------------------
I feel my foot leave the last step of the bus and I come to the full realization that I am now in Russia, this time for good.

Behind me the bus lets off suffocating exhaust and shuts its doors. Stepping forward, I breathe in fresh air as a gust of wind blows by me, causing my hair to tangle in its wake.

Before me now lies a vast ocean of blue, its waves bearing against the soft white sand every couple of seconds. A sunrise also sits above the waterline, bringing the sky into a mix of pastel orange, purple, and pink.

After surveying my new surroundings, I  look down the side walk and see two figures in the distance. One appears to be waving at me while the other is leaning against a lamp post.

Victor and Yuri!

Without hesitation I find myself running towards them. I've missed them both, especially Victor. We've been separated for only a month and yet I've longed to see him again.

On arrival, Victor attacks me with a bear hug, his body warm against mine, my craving for him silenced, at least for now. Following his hug is an incredibly happy Maccachin. He jumps up and causes me to fall over, also leaving slobber everywhere.

I laugh and feel my face warm. In front of me is Victor, a smile plastered across his face. He offers his arm and pulls me up into yet another hug.

My arms loop around his neck and his fingers streak through my hair. "I've missed you so much Yuuri."

Pulling away to get a better view of his face, I reply, "I know Victor, I haven't missed you this much since you left during the Rostelecom Cup."

Both of our smiles grow and he grabs my hand, tightening only after a minute letting go. "Also," I start, "I'm so excited to see what you'll do about coming back this season while coaching me..." In my failed attempt to lift one eyebrow, Victor laughs and nods. "This will definitely be an interesting season..."

I step back and turn to Yuri. At first, a ghost of a smile is left on his face, but that soon leaves when I make eye contact with him. "So Pork Cutlet, I'm going to give you a fair warning before you start. I plan on winning every competition we compete in so don't have high hopes..."

Rolling my eyes, I step closer to him. "I guess you're right kitten, but don't forget that this year we are both competing against Victor. Plus, my goal is to beat the both of you. And don't forget I have to "become a five-time world champion at the least."

I eye Victor and he offers me a knowing smile in return. "Isn't that right Victor?"

"Why yes, I believe it is."

"You have a lot of work cut out for you piglet. Oh, and you and Victor need to stop being so lovey-dovey around me, it's embarrassing." On his last words, his face turns red and he looks away.

"But what about you and Otabek?" I tease, "Didn't I hear that the both of you had a, well I may have heard this wrong, but a date tomorrow night?" Yuri's face goes from light red to maroon and he grunts.

"Okay you two, stop with that cat fight. Let's go back to my place and Yuuri, you can get situated since you'll be bunking with me."

We all get up to move and my stomach rumbles. "And," Victor says, "we can go get lunch."

I smile. 'This is the start of a new beginning...'