Chapter 38

Ariana's P.O.V.

"Aunt Dolly!"I squeal when I see her as I exit the terminal of the plane. I rush up to her and pull her in for a tight hug. "Ariana, it's so good to see you again"She squeezes me and kisses my head.

We break apart from our hug and she averts her attention over to Justin who walks up from behind me.

"Hey Dolly, good seeing you again"Justin greets her and pulls her in for a hug. "I know we saw each other only a month ago but I've missed you both dearly"She says to us as she breaks away from Justin."We've missed you too aunt dolly"I tell her.

"How was your flight?"She asks as we begin walking through the airport and towards Baggae Claim to receive our bags. "The flight was fine"I answer her.

We could have driven Justin's car here but we thought it would be easier to fly, considering that after our time here we will be flying straight to New york for new years, no time to drive the car back to Palo Alto.

"Your mother's really excited to see you Justin"Dolly tells him. "I'm excited to see her too. I haven't seen her since graduation"He says.

"Your gonna love her and Richard's new place"She says. "Oh yea, I forgot that she moved. She mentioned it to me a few months ago"Justin nods.

"I forgot that she moved too. I was expecting for us to go see her at your old place"I look at Justin. "I'm glad that my mom and Richard moved from there. That house held too many bad memories"He says.

"There were a few good memories made in that house, at least ones from when we were younger"I say, my mind carrying me back to the all the times I would hang out at Justin's place when we were little. "I guess"He shrugs and nods.

"Emma's grown a lot over the past few weeks. She reminds me a lot of you Ariana when you were just a baby girl"Dolly tells me and I smile.

"Well we both can't wait to see her"I speak for me and Justin.

We arrive at Baggage claim and receive our suitcases. Afterwards, we all leave the airport and get into Dolly's car.

"How have things been with you and that guy Charles?"I make conversation with Dolly while she drives. I sit in the passenger seat next to her while Justin sits in the back seat.

"Things have been really great between us actually. He's happy he gets to see you guys again while your here to visit"She tells me. "I'm happy I get to see him again too"I say.

"Tell me about you guys, how have my favorite young couple been since the last time we saw each other?"She asks

I look back at Justin, both of us hesitant on whether to tell her about all the problems we've had since our vacation in Florida.

Justin shakes his head no, motioning for me not to say anything.

"We've been good"I tell her, which isn't a lie. Me and Justin have been good since we made up last week when he was in the hospital. "That's good to hear"She says.

We all continue to make small conversation until Dolly pulls up in the drive away of a beautiful two story home.

"Wow, this is my parents' new place?"Justin asks Dolly as we step out of her car. "Yep, nice isn't it?"She asks as she looks up at the house to admire it as well. "Much nicer than my last house that's for sure"Justin mutters.

We both grab our bags and walk up the front steps of the house with Dolly. She rings the doorbell and we wait for someone to open it.

Less than a minute later, the door is opened and we are greeted by an extremely happy Pattie.