[Chapter 13] Recover & Time

Start from the beginning

You stared perplexed at the odd questions before shaking your head no. Axel shot up from his seat and began to rummage around the bunk bed next to yours. You continued to eat savoring the sweet taste of the different donuts. You had gone through three before Axel finally found what he was looking for. But before he could explained the rules to you as he slid back onto the chair, the door opened.

"So that's the girl causing all the ruckus."

You turned towards the door, hearing a familiar accent. Roxas stood next to a blond haired man with a toothpick in his mouth. His blue eyes scanned you while switching the toothpick to the other side of his mouth.

"Yup, she's the troublemaker," Roxas teased, chuckling at your glare. He proceeded to grab a donut from the bag and sat next to you.

"Doesn't look like she can do much," Cid shrugged, finding a seat at the table and began to tinker with an odd device. You ignored that comment with another donut before Axel finally took the bag of donuts away.

"Hey!" you frowned, trying to snatch at the bag. Axel's height difference wasn't helping her case.

"Yo! Stop messing with [Name]!" Demyx pouted from the door. You turned to see Sora and Riku with eyes wide and your mouth full. Sora grinned widely while Riku seemed to try to hold in a chuckle. Axel passed you the rest of the milk that you chugged down. You turned back, wiping your mouth of crumbs and smiled. That last you saw these two was when you deceived them into thinking you were just some girl with a spilled basket. You always wondered what happened after you had left. Sora was the first to greet you.

"It's nice to properly meet you, [Name]," he took your hand and placed his other hand on top of yours. "I'm terribly sorry about chasing you and anything that my men and I have might have caused you to stress over. I hope you can forgive me." He patted your hand before looking up to your face with an apologetic look.

"It's okay," you shrugged, you hadn't had much trouble except at the beginning and yesterday. "I guess."

"Great!" he stepped back and pushed Riku forward. "This is Riku, he's my best friend and right hand man."

"Nice to meet you," he bowed a bit. You were about to bow back out of courtesy but Axel poked your back causing you to stop.

"You, too," you answered, giving a side glare at Axel and rubbing the spot.

"I'm Yuffie!" you heard a shout from the door as it slammed open. "So, you're the one putting all my men to shame!"

"Sorry," you shrugged, watching her stop in front of you. She tilted her head and held her chin in thought looking at you. She circled around you making you feel even more nervous than usual before going to sit on the top bunk.

"Hello, [Name]," a soft voice greeted. You looked to the door to see the two girls from yesterday. They looked alright. You had been told that they were both safe but seeing them in front of you gave you more peace in mind. Kairi smiled as she went to gather with Sora and Riku near the kitchen. Namine sat down on a chair Roxas pulled up for her. Cid sat next to her still tinkering with a machine.

"Now, all we are missing is Zex," Demyx counted everybody's head.

"Here," the man appeared behind him causing Demyx to jump.

"Dude!" he whined as everybody chuckled.

"Now, that we have everybody," Zexion sat down. "Sora can explain the situation we're in." Sora turned with powdered sugar on his mouth. He quickly wiped it away as his back straightened. His demeanor changed from the goofy kid from earlier into a mature young man. His hand felt the necklace around his neck before placing his hands behind his back.