Chapter 4

ok, next chapter up guys! hope ye like it! :D next on will be up by the weekend, because of school the updates will be less frequen sorry! 

emma xox 

Turning to face sky in his room I asked him once more to explain. Sighing he patted the bed beside him asking me to sit down. When I sat he put a hand on my knee sending shivers up through my leg. Looking into his eyes I saw sadness I’ never seen before “please tell me” I pleaded. Nodding slowly he drew in a ragged breath, looking like he was choosing his words carefully. “You need to help me first though, can yo-.. Can you hold my hands?” Raising an eye brow I placed my hands in his. I’d never noticed how big his hands were until now. They’d completely covered mine. Closing his eyes he began his story. “That guy you saw at school, he was my best friend before we moved to this pack. We trusted each other with our lives until the day he-“ he growled and I saw his eyes turn black again. “He stole my first love! The first girl who saw me for who I am and he stole her on me, I knew he was abusing her but I did nothing about it!” he roared, his eyes now as black as his hair. I had to calm him down before he hurt himself or me. Acting on impulse I knotted my hands in his hair and pulled his lips to mine. I felt him relax instantly. The feeling of his lips was the most incredible feeling ever, after what felt like nowhere near long enough I pulled away. Almost immediately I wanted to kiss him again, I could feel some sort of weird pull, like my insides were screaming at me to be closer to him. “What was that?” he asked almost breathlessly with a playful twinkle in his eye. “I-I needed to calm you down, I didn’t know what else to do, im sorry” I muttered feeling my cheeks burning. “Well, if it makes you feel any better, I liked it” he laughed with a smirk. He must have been telling the truth too because his eyes had turned back to the beautiful blue I’d always adored. “Home?” he asked smiling lightly. “Home it is” I confirmed moving off the bed and linking my arm through his.

                                                         On the way home we stopped at a shop and stocked up on crisps, chocolate and ice cream. “Movie night!” we shouted in unison as we got home. Every Friday night we have a movie night where we pig out on all sorts of trash food and watch movies. It’s pretty much the highlight of my week. “You get the DVD and I’ll get the pizza?” sky offered. “Yeah ok” I shouted already halfway up the stairs, excited about snuggling up with my best friend and pig out on a trailer load of crappy food. Looking through my DVD collection I couldn’t decide on whether to watch The Shawshank Redemption or Taken my two favourite movies, so I decided to wait and let Sky pick. Bouncing back down the stairs to see if the pizza had arrived yet I bumped straight into dad with an oomph I might add, my dad happens to be a very large man “ahh jade, just the person I was looking for. He said with a smile. “I’ll be coming to get you soon, so I can see you shift, ok? “I groaned “yeah fine” mentally slapping myself for coming down stairs and being found out. My moment of self pity was cut short as the sound of the doorbell. “Pizzas here!” I yelled racing to answer the door before sky could. Making a dramatic power slide across the hall towards the door I saw sky strut to the door just before me with a triumphant look on his face, because I was watching sky and not where I was still power sliding towards I smacked face first into the window beside the front door. With a small groan I slid to the floor holding my cheek, luckily because of the wolf inside me it didn’t hurt as much as it would have normally had. “Laughing like a mad man sky shouted “bad dog! Get down!” while opening the door so that the confused looking pizza man wouldn’t think I was crazy. I got up just as sky was closing the door and followed him up the stairs; I dived on the bed and grabbed a slice of pizza while sky put on the Shawshank. Before id realised what had happened the bed had dipped beside me and the pizza was gone out of my hand “hey!” I yelled pouting in mock anger. I picked up another slice and scoffed it down before he had a chance to take it again. Just as the movie was about to start my dad walked in. “ready to go jade?” he asked with a small smile. “Yeah, but only if sky shifts too” I mumbled looking from sky to my dad; I couldn’t do it without my back up.

                                                                                  I shifted nervously waiting to be told what to do by dad. “I don’t think I can do this sky” I stuttered nervously to sky. “it will be fine, I promise” he whispered smiling at me reassuringly. “Alright, all you have to do is completely concentrate all you energy on your inner wolf, then you should feel a tingle and before you know it you’ll be on all fours. Just watch me” before I had time to think about what sky had said the closed his eyes and started to shift, his clothes ripping as he grew larger. After only a few seconds I was face to face with a massive jet black wolf with piercing blue eyes. He smiled and nodded for me to do the same, so I closed my eyes and put everything I had into becoming my wolf. After a few seconds I felt a tingle spread over my body, I heard the sound of my clothes ripping and then I was down on all fours beside a very proud looking sky. The feeling you get after turning wolf is incredible, I could feel the grass beneath my paws, I could hear every tiny sound even from miles away and I could see everything in incredible detail. Shaking slightly I walked forward bumping off sky playfully hen continued forward towards my father, sitting in front of him I gave him –what I imagine was a big toothy wolf grin. “Taa daa” I said sarcastically to everyone through our mind link “can we get back to our film now?” smirking my father nodded and dismissed us to return to out now cold pizza. Turning to go inside I looked at my mom, she had an unusual look in her face but I chose to ignore it and went back inside with my tail in the air. When I got to the back door I turned to wait for sky, I could see my father talking to him and then sky nod, both of them looked very serious, looks like I could be in for a long night.