Action of the Year - Max Verstappen

[Okay, so in the Netherlands, there is a Sports gala every year, where the best Dutch sport poeple get awards. Max Verstappen has won Sportman of the Year! Just feel so proud of him, up against Olympic Medalists! Anyway, because of this happening, lovestorieswriter, has requested this one! Hope you like it ;)]

You are sat in Vienna, at the FIA Awards Giving. The entire night has been a blur already, with Nico Rosberg announcing his retirement, your boyfriend winning Personality of the Year and the amount of alcohol you had already had.

But it is now time for the award he is most nervous about, Action of the Year. He is nominated ofr his amazing overtake on Nico Rosberg for P2 in Brazil, making it a memorable one.

You look at your boyfriend, as they announce that the next one is Action of the Year. You grab his hand as they read out the nominations.

"And the winner of Action of the Year is... Max Verstappen!" Max starts smiling widely as so do you. Max gives you a quick kiss as he walks to  the stage, taking the award. He puts it down and gets ready to start his speech.

"Wow, I was very nervous for this. Before I start to thank everyone, I want to talk about that action. The race took forever, but for me, especially the last laps, it went by in a blur. Probably, because it was a blur, literally, couldn't see anything. When I saw the upportunaty, I took it. I think many people talk about it being good because of the rain. I think it makes it special because it was on Nico Rosberg. He is the World Champion. I was proud of myself, for being able to overtake a World Champion, because no offense Lewis, but I knew he would be World Champion at that moment. I think I am just happy I didn't crash that race, because I almost did. Anyway, I just want to firstly thank Nico, for letting me overtake him. Secondly, I want to thank Red Bull Racing, for giving me the chance to prove myself and for giving me an amazing car, one that allows me to do those kind of overtakes. I want to thank my family, for supporting me and believing in me. I want to thank Daniel Ricciardo, for being the best team mate there is. I want to thank FIA for nominating me and for giving me this award. But I now want to thank someone who makes my life easier, better and makes me very happy. Y/N, you have supported me, even when it seemed like the whole world was against me. You were there if I had a bad day, to cheer me up. And you were there to tell me how proud you were when I had a good day. It makes me proud to call you mine" Max says. Nico is laughing, Daniel is laughing, even Lewis is laughing. And you're crying. You look up at the stage, blowing a kiss to Max.

"So, thank you very much for everything! Have a good night everyone" he says, walking of the stage with his award. You feel happy, proud, amazed. The way he just talked, you keep forgetting he is young. You keep forgetting that he just became a man.

Sometimes, it's the other way around. Sometimes you forget that he is 'Max Verstappen' and not just your Max. Sometimes it's hard to believe he is in a racing car, driving 300 kilometers an hour, when he is laying in bed with you, watching TV. And sometimes, you forget that a lot of people look up to him. But right now, you know.

You know that you are incredibly proud of your man. Of your Max Verstappen.