1.0

"Of course I do, b/n!" you tell him. He smiles up at you.

"I can't wait!" he exclaims, and then he jumps onto the couch and continues watching the Christmas special that is currently on. You set your bookbag down where you usually do and head to the kitchen for a snack, glad to be free from school for a while.

***

"We're leaving for the mall soon!" your mom calls, and you get off your electronic device, grab your money, and walk over by your mom and brother.

"I'm so excited!" b/n shouts, jumping up and down. Your mom picks up her purse and heads out the door, and you and your brother follow her and get in the car. All the way there, your brother keeps on talking nonstop about Christmas and how excited he is to get presents.

"Christmas isn't about receiving gifts," your mom tells him as she looks for a spot to park in the parking lot.

"I know...," b/n mumbles. Your mom parks the car, and all three of you get out. When you get in the mall, your brother immediately spots the man dressed up as Santa and runs towards him. You and your mom follow. As you catch up to him, he grabs you and your mom's hands and pulls you two in line with him. As you wait for it to be b/n's turn, you look at Santa and notice something strange about him. Only floating clothes are there, not a person. A red Santa hat is floating above a fake white beard and wig and red Santa suit. You think that that can't be right. There has to be something there, right? As you think this thought, a man appears in the Santa clothing. He has unnaturally pale skin, and there is something about him that makes you slightly paranoid.

"Next!" a lady dressed up as Mrs. Claus calls. It's your brother's turn. You cautiously stand off to the side as your brother makes his way towards "Santa" You don't like the look that man is giving you.

"Now, what would you like for Christmas, young child?" the man asks your brother. B/n whispers something into his ear, and he nods.

"Smile!" your mom then says, holding up her phone. Your brother obliges, and, after your mom snaps a couple of pictures, he gets off of the strange man's lap. "Mrs. Claus" hands him a small red present with a green bow on it and then offers you one.

"Do you want one?" she asks. You hesitate. Do you really want to take a box full of who-knows-what from a lady who could be partners in crime with whoever this creepy "Santa" is? But, then again, she doesn't seem to cause you the paranoia that he does. Do you take the present?

Yes.-2.0

No.- 2.1