My old friends become exes again

This is the story of how they met
Her picture was on the back of a pack of cigarettes
When she touched him he turned ruby red
A story that they'll never forget
Never forget

As you fell you realized how much you didn't want to die. It was black all around you and you felt your clothes and hair fly
upwards. Until you landed on your back with a thud.
You cried out, the ground wasn't one to give you a soft landing.

You looked around, rubbing your back attempting to sooth the
pain. You were in the same forest.

The same forest that you were in all of your dreams. It was something that you'd remembered but it didn't ever seem important.

"What the hell!" You yelled angrily, you were in a boring, unimportant place.After calling out, you wandered into a opening.

You looked at the oak tree in front of you, instead of it the large branch being empty, there was a young boy, who could have been much older than ten, or twelve years old.

The tree still had the same swing it did in your memories of the forest, however it looked much less dilapidated, the wood wasn't green due to moss, no it was a fresh beige color.

The boy looked immersed in a book, until one of the pages flew out of the book, he looked distressed, putting his book under his arm, jumping off the branch beginning to chase after the page.
Then, as the page floated upwards, the boy and and another person that saw it, reached for the page at the exact same time, grabbing it both.

When they realized what had happened, there eyes met and the girl began to laugh. The boy looked befuddled, but he still had a small smile on his face. The girl carefully handed him back the page before smiling and saying,

"Hi, I'm _____, it's nice to meet you."

"I-I'm, Newton, but you can call me Newt if you'd like." The boy replied looking overly anxious, then they both shook hands.

They began to walk to the tree together. Then world faded to something else.

The girl and Newt looked a little older this time, perhaps 13, or 14, and you were both reading books, this time before a voice began to call for you both, to "Newt, ______, time to leave for platform 9 3/4!"

"Oh come on!" The young girl said, shoving her hand in her pocket, searching for something.

"Did you forget your bookmark again? Here take this." The younger Newt said handing you the same page he had lost, when you both met.

"You've kept it all this time, I'm impressed Newt." You said placing in your book grinning happy, the top of the page barley peaking out of the book.

"T-there's no need. I just kept it because it had special notes. But it obviously doesn't mean anything now." He said walking away, before you could see his flushed face.

It got older once again. Newt was about 15.

It was no longer you at the swing, it was someone else. You recognised her, Leta. Her name was Leta.

Had Newt had chosen someone new?

You blinked the image away and were back in the present, you should've began to cry tears of joy. But you didn't. What had happened, the empty space at the end? Where were you?

You had to get back to Newt, new memories were already becoming clearer. Perhaps everything would clear up soon .

----------------