He shouldn’t have let it get this far, was the only thought running through his head at the moment as his eyes finally managed to lock on hers and almost instantly he regretted it. Seeing the fear and worry behind them made the sting inside of him multiply knowing she was only acting this way because of him and what he had done earlier that day.

“Fuck,” he rasped quietly, his head falling once more as he dug his fingers into his scalp, feverishly pulling at the ends of his hair before angling one of his hands in her direction, his other cradled around his mouth as he wiped at his lips, tugging at his bottom after he released. “Come here,” Justin murmured gently as if, if he spoke any louder she would crumble.

Gasping lightly, she was taken back a bit by his sudden decision to speak to her in a way that wasn’t defensive or angry. He was being sincere, he was back to being himself but that, in a situation like this, was almost equally as bad. Taking a step forward, wanting to make sure this was what he wanted, Kelsey pulled her lips into her mouth the moment Justin let out an aggravated sigh, wiggling his fingers around, “I said come here, damn it,” he hissed lowly, his darks watching her every move as she hurriedly slipped her small hand into his, letting him tug her so that she stood in between his legs.

Staring wide eyed at him, afraid to say anything that might upset him, Kelsey held tightly onto his hand as her other hung loosely beside her, itching to reach out cup his face, something she did often in situations like this.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered and she could tell it was for reasons more than just his little loss of patience just a few seconds ago and immediately Kelsey’s muscles untightened as she relaxed in his presence.

“It’s okay,” she whispered gently, a ghost of a knowing smile tugged at her lips before it fell, her thumb gently running over the dried blood on his knuckles as she winced upon the feel of the cuts beneath her skin.

“No, it’s not,” Justin countered sharply, his eyes narrowed making Kelsey’s stomach summersault at how easily his emotions changed. “None of this is okay.”

“Justin—”

“Kelsey,” he shook his head, cutting her off but Kelsey wasn’t about to let this go. She knew he was resorting to blaming himself for everything like he’s done so many times before.

With her brows pulled into a frown, lips pursed, Kelsey nibbled on the inside of her cheek as she tried to think of how to phrase her words correctly but nothing rang comfortably in her ears. Resorting to keeping quiet, she grabbed his hand instead, inspecting the gashes a bit more clearly this time.

Seeing the concern building behind her irises, Justin snatched his hand from her hold, “I’m okay,” It was his turn to use her words in a way he seemed fit causing her to roll her eyes in annoyance to his determination to hide his true emotions, “it was my fault anyways.”

“Don’t do this,” Kelsey quietly spoke, shaking her head, “it won’t do you any good. It’ll just fuel your anger—”

“You can’t seriously baby me for the rest of your life sweetheart,” Justin growled lowly, “I didn’t have to lash out, I didn’t have to punch the walls but I did. I chose to fucking hurt myself and nothing you say or do will justify that.”