Chapter 24

The moment Lyra came back, everything felt so surreal. Her parents fawned over her, giving her big hugs and telling Lyra how much they missed her. Sirena was glad to see her again, almost collapsing onto the floor once more as she tried to walk over to her. Alaska's aura felt more lighter, all of her worries washed away and she and Lyra were around each other every minute of the day. And Crescent was happier than ever, the whole group was back.

"You're getting discharged, I can't believe it!" Lyra clasped her hands around Sirena's.

She nodded excitedly,"Finally! I've been waiting forever, I feel so much better now."

"Liar, you practically wince every time you try to "exercise"."Alaska used two of her fingers as quotation marks. "Are you sure you're okay with being discharged? You can rest for a few more days."

"All I've been doing since I got done with surgery was rest. A lot. It's boring without any of you girls around, especially you, Lyra." Sirena grinned.

"Aww, you make me feel so welcomed!" She chirped happily.

Crescent strode into the room, dropping bags of subway on the table next to the three girls. "Okay, I mostly spent about half an hour, going around town and ordering the best food we can eat. This is all I got."

Alaska scoffed at her. "I want real food, Crescent. Real food."

"Shut up and stop being like Pinocchio, this is real food that wasn't wood before. And appreciate what you already have, Alaska, because there are plenty of kids suffering out there in the world, begging for just a bite of food." Cress rolled her eyes as she unwrapped the subway. "What else did you want me to buy? Cake? Cupcakes?"

"Some chocolate chip cookies would be nice." Lyra murmured loudly.

"Oh! I would die for some cheesecake!" Sirena piped up, taking a few bites of her food.

Cress stopped eating halfway, Lyra looked at her like she was crazy, and Alaska rolled her eyes. "What? Did I say something wrong?" Sirena glanced at them.

"Please don't use the word: die for, Sirena." Cress shook her head.

"Oops?" She shrugged it off and continued eating.

Crescent sat down on the hospital bed, right besides Lyra and Sirena. "So... I was thinking," she began, placing her subway away. "Once you're discharged and all, Alaska and I have a surprise for you two."

"We do?" Alaska stopped eating her food. Cress gave her a knowing glare and Alaska instantly nodded,"I-I mean, yes! Yes, we do!"

"Cress, you know how I don't like surprises." Sirena frowned.

"Surprises are okay, I guess." Lyra muttered. "As long as they're not something scary that's going to jump out of nowhere or whatever."

"Scary? Lyra, we've been dealing with many scary things for at least the past five years. Not to mention the fact that we've also gotten injuries from them. Good old, painful memories, right?" Sirena mumbled while stuffing her face into her subway. "Hey, Cress?"

"What?"

"Is the dressing just ranch for my sandwich?"

"Um... I think so, why?"

"The this is the worst subway I have ever gotten! I wanted sweet onion dressing in mine."

"Be freaking grateful for what you have!" Cress glared at her. "Plus, they had ran out. I thought that you would be okay with ranch dressing."

"You know who got the last sweet onion dressing?"

"Uh..." Cress turned away from her and replied meekly,"me, I accidentally got the last dressing. But how was I supposed to know that they were going to run out?"