2: Thank You in Dothraki?

It had been true, I never really did understand the way of the Dothraki.

Yes, I may have been an intelligent young woman, but for something such as the culture of said people, you would have to live in it.

And here I am, about to be married off to the Khal of the Dothraki.

The salty ocean scented air blew through my silver hair as I sat attentive within four feet of my soon-to-be husband as the Dothraki people filled the area with chaos.

The 'pastor' of sorts brought a wooden chest, serpents hissing and slithering from inside, placing the dark wood by our feet, the Khal watching as men fucked women, a Dothraki woman grinding on another before throwing her to the ground.

As the chaos unfolded in front of me, I took a deep breath, raising my chin to show I had been stronger than many would say.

"When can I speak with the Khal? These invasion plans need to be spoken about." my brother Viserys seethed, antsy in his seat off to my side.

"The Khal promised you the throne, and the throne you will get." the elder man, the Magistar, sat beside Viserys and spoke.

A man donning armor stood in front of us.

The Khal growled as he bowed his head gracefully.

He stepped up on the stone, acknowleging the barbaric man who sat next to me.

"If you don't mind, a small gift for the new Khaleesi, songs and histories from the Seven Kingdoms." he said to the Khal before turning to me, handing me three thick leather bound books.

"Thank you. If you don't mind me asking, are you from my country?" I asked, politely.

"No, Khaleesi, but I served your father. Good man he was." he said, and I dully smiled.

He stepped away from me as the magistar requested.

Two slightly skinny men dressed in rags stepped up to me, Drogo growling from beside me as they lowered a wooden chest beside me.

They stepped away, my frail hands reaching inside.

My eyes widened as I pulled a pukeish green egg from inside, studying the rigid layers on the outside.

"Dragon eggs, Elaesa. The ages have turned them to stone, but they are still quite beautiful." he stood, smiling as I felt every little impression of the shell.

I smiled.

"That they are. Thank you very much, Magistar." I said, lightly placing the egg back in the chest.

Drogo stood to his towering length before stepping down, his lengthy hair swinging as he walked through the crowd, the Dothraki spreading like water around a rock.

I stood as the armored man motioned me to follow the bulk man.

I stepped down as gracefully as possible, as my body shook with fear.

The natives cowered around me, watching my every move when the group broke.

I saw Drogo, holding the reigns to a beautiful white horse, it's fur as white as my silvery white hair.

I stepped closer, also being the closest I had been to the Khal all day.

I brought my hand to the beautiful horses snout, it taking a few sniffs before allowing my hand to brush against its amazingly soft fur.

"She's beautiful." I spoke, smiling brightly at my husband.

"Excuse me, Sir Mormont, I don't know how to say thank you in Dothraki." I turned to Jonah, my newest friend.

"I'm afraid there isn't a word of thanks in Dothraki." he replied.

I looked back to Drogo as he stepped closer.

He shocked me at first, my trembling body taking a few steps back before his firm yet gentle hands grabbed onto my waist, lifting me in the air, placing me on the back of my horse.

I grabbed the reigns as he mounted the chestnut steed next to me, beckoning my horse to move forward along side him.

I promise you these chapters will get longer. I'm writing these chapters by memory so I apologize if I mess it up.

Published: 12-21-16

Edited 7-13-17