Get Ya Money

(September 17, 2014
10:45pm, CandyLand strip club~
Yazmin(Yana) Lashay Robinson)

I waited behind the curtain for the music to start, once the song started playing the curtains opened and I walked out onto the stage.

I walked towards the pole that was in the middle of the stage and watched as the hungry eyed men watching my every move, like always, i smirked and began my routine which started out with me climbing up the pole and sliding down landing in a split, the men roared well more like whistled and started throwing money onto the stage.

I kept dancing until my shift was over, I collected all my tips from off the stage not leaving anything behind before making my way back into the dressing room.

"I see you got the men ready for me." One of the other strippers said while applying lipstick, her real name was Lisa but she goes by lollipop here.

"I did my best." I smirked knowing that she couldn't get the crowd as hyped as I do, she walked out onto the stage while I placed my money inside my duffle back and began putting on my sweat shirt and sweat pants.

I took off my pink wig and put my natural blackish brownish hair in a bun before grabbing my keys and walking out the back door, the only thing I hated about this entrance was that it was in an alleyway.

I put my hood up and walked out of the alley, I walked over to my car but before I could open my door somebody grabbed my shoulder and by the smell of cheap cologne I knew who it was.

"It is to fucking cold for me to be dealing with you right now." I snapped at my ex- Erin.

"There you go with that snapping shit why can't we just have a normal conversation?" He asked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Normal ain't even in your vocabulary, and their is nothin' to talk about, go communicate with that bitch Wendy." I said and got inside my car locking the doors and starting it up.

I drove off with out a second glance, is their any loyal men out there? If their is God send them my way I'm tired of these little grown ass men who don't know how to keep their shit in their pants.

I pulled up into my apartment parking lot, turning off my car and grabbing my duffel bag and hurrying inside to the elevator.

I pressed the button that goes to the third floor and waited, my life has never been perfect, y'all can judge me all you want to but if it's paying my bills then I'm straight.

Once I made it to the right floor, stepped off the elevator and walked down the hall to my apartment.

I unlocked the door and walked in making sure to shut and lock the door behind me.

"Hello?" I answered my vibrating phone.

"Can I spend the night?" I heard my best friend crying on the other line.

"Of course but what happened?" I asked getting worried.

"I'll tell you when I get there okay." And with that she hung up, I sat down on my couch and dumped out all my money that I earned onto the table.

I counted it all and placed it into stacks, it equaled up to $800 I stood up and went into my room and placed it all inside my safe.

If I add that amount to what I already have, that would equal up to $29,000, I've been saving up to get out of NOLA and I've been preparing myself for awhile now by hiding my accent.

I heard a knock at my door so I knew it was Ashley, I unlocked and opened the door, I seen bruises on her face, a busted lip, and a black eye.

I sighed and pulled her inside making sure to lock the door, I went inside my bathroom to grab my first aid kit.

We sat in the dining room as I fixed her up, I dabbed peroxide on her lip causing her to wince.

"I don't understand why you keep going back to him." I said while dabbing at her lip.

"You don't understand, i love him." She said, I've heard this all before.

"So you love a bitch ass nigga who made you have a miscarriage, threw you down the stairs, and strangled you until you turned blue? I guess that's love." I scoffed and closed my first aid kit taking it back to my bathroom.

"I don't know who your gonna run to when I'm gone, I mean I honestly don't, I love you but I'm tired of you coming and crying to me about how he cheats on you and beats you to death but you go right back to his sorry ass." I said sitting down on my couch.

"Can we not talk about this." She said.

"Alright we won't then." I said turning on my TV to B.E.T, August Alsina was once again on, I rolled my eyes his hoein' ass.

"So August we've been hearing that your going back to NOLA for a couple of concerts." Bow Wow said.

"You know I gotta' turn up with my old home." August chuckled, he may be fine but he's not my cup of tea.

"Y'all heard it once again, go get your tickets for August Alsina, September 21st." Bow Wow said.

"We gotta get us some tickets." Ashley said outta nowhere.

"You know damn well ion like august alsina like that and besides the tickets are probably sold out." I said.

"Theirs 213 left, now 212, 211, now 209, I just bought us two tickets." She said, I groaned.

"Oh shit we gotta get us some outfits." I don't think she realized that the concert is in 4 days.

"I have to work that day." I said.

"You can call in they'll survive, and when's the last time we've been somewhere fun?" She questioned, that was a good question to.

"Fine." I sighed, she jumped up, cheering excitedly but winced once her cheek started hurting, her bruises should be faded away by time the concert happens.

"I gotta get some sleep I have a busy day tomorrow." I said getting up and walking towards my bedroom, she knows where the blankets and everything are.

I took a shower before putting my pajamas on and climbing into my queen sized bed.

I got comfortable before drifting off to sleep.
.

.

.

.

This is my new book I've been working on so please excuse the errors, and leave feedback/comments.

Yazmin in (mm)