〰️8〰️

C H A PBT E R. 8 _______________________________________

No matter how much I tried to wish my way out of there, every time I opened my eyes, I was still in the plain gray room.

The table was about four feet long and two wide. The chair I was in was also gray.

I still had on the outfit I had before and picked at the ends of my gloves. I was scared and nervous. My beating heart and sweat covered forehead was proof enough.

The door was in front of me and when it pushed open I jumped. I tried to move back from the chair but was restrained when the chains on my ankles and feet were at there length.

A dark man walked in, wearing a long black trench coat. His bald head shone with sweat and the eye patch he wore was a matte black. His one eye looked at me menacingly.

He stood in front of me, saying and doing nothing but watching.

It was a full two minutes before he spoke, his voice deep and authorative, causing me to jump.

"My name is Director Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. Do you know why you're here, Ms....?"

I pulled my hands to my chest nervously, waiting to be killed or yelled or something of the sorts.

"K-king. Lacey King. I believe I'm here for...the hammer?" It was the only logical reason.

"Yes. Well, Ms. King, what I want to know is why you felt it was necessary to lie to my two agents when questioned about the hammer."

I shrunk under his gaze and, for no actual reason, felt ashamed.

He pulled out a stool from under the table that I had not realized was there and sat down.

"Are you working for someone? Want power for yourself? Their are many other reasons. I'd like to know which one you choose."

My eyes widened. Is that what he thought?

"No! I-I don't know why! I tried to. I actually did! But this-this feeling or something, wouldn't allow me. I was physically incapable of doing so." I sputtered the words out, somehow, and Fury looked towards the back corner of the room.

I whipped my head to see what he was looking at and saw nothing but a black circle about the size of a button.

My heart started to beat faster and I gripped the table.

"Why is it that I have trouble believing you, Ms. King?" Fury crossed his arms and leaned on the table, glaring at me.

I gulped.

"I don't know. All I know is that when I tried to tell them, I physically couldn't. When I touched the hammer, it light up! That's all I know! Ask Ali-!"

My voice caught in my throat.

Alive.

"Where's my Alive?! The little girl I had with me when-when they... where is she?!"

I got even more worked up, my heart beating even faster. It felt as if it was going to pounce out of my chest.

Fury only looked at me and then stood up to walk out.

I began hyperventilating, wondering if she was hurt or worse.

After maybe 5 minutes with me trying not to pass out, Fury walked back in with Alive.

"Mama!"

She reached her upper half towards me and wrapped her chubby arms around my neck as I pulleded her to me and let out a dry sob into her hair.

"Oh, honey! You're fine, right? No one hurt you, did they?"

I checked her over for any bruises or cuts to find she had none.

She shook her head no and I let out a sigh of relief.

"You're fine now. I'm here."

I glared at Fury.

I was about to open my mouth and question as to why we were here, again, when the door opened.

A man with dark brown, slightly greying, hair and dark brown eyes walked in.

He had a tray with two syringes on it, both empty.

He had on a white doctors lab coat and blue jeans with brown loafers.

Fury glanced at the man before he nodded his head.

I yelped as I felt a needle be jabbed into my arm and my blood drawn out of me.

I glared at the man and rubbed the sore spot.

He went towards Alive quickly and when she whimpered in fear and pain, snapped.

It was like I wasn't even me.

I set Alive down on the floor after I hit the doctor at his wrist, successfully pushing his hand and arm away from her.

After that, I held his arm and brought it down to meet my knee, causing him to drop the syringe.

I caught it in midair and dropped to my knees before leaning all the way onto my back to avoid the gun being whipped at my head.

I rolled my legs out from under me to knock both Fury and the doctor down, successfully knocking down the doctor but only landing Fury against the wall.

I plunged the empty syringe into the doctors hand, going all the way through it with the needle before coming to my senses.

I heard a faint pop and smelt something burning before turning around to look at Alive.

I crawled towards her slowly, as she was shaking.

I felt my heart stop when she looked up and I saw tears staining her pale face.

"Alive? Honey?" I tentatively reached a hand towards her before she shook her head rapidly and darted past me.

My hand was left dangling in the air for about 5 seconds before I out it back down and turned around.

Alive was in the arms of Tony Stark, who had a shocked but confused expression.

He stared at me before looking back towards the corner of the room.

I looked back there, too, and saw nothing.

I saw nothing.

I looked towards the ground and then saw the once small, black circle, which I guessed was a camera, now morphed into a jagged knife, as if it was halfway done.

I didn't know what to do.

The doctor was slightly shaking whilst Fury whispered in his ear, gripping his forearm tightly.

Then I passed out.

********

A.N.-I'm a horrible person. I'm so sorry.