Call Me Anything But Late For Lunch [Edited]

Ruby's POV
I was woken up by spammed buzzing from my phone. With my eyes still closed, I patted my bedside tabletop as I felt for my phone. I looked up to see who was causing me to wake up so early. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes so I could clearly read the texts.
"Oh, my stars, what do they want?" I groaned under my breath. I scrolled through the conversation.
"Why did I choose to be in a group chat?" I asked myself. I put my phone back down, got up off of the mattress and picked out some clothes.
"Let's see here... how about... dark blue jeans and maybe... hmm... a red tee and a leather jacket? Wait, no, gotta add this bad boy." I said, grabbing a red headband-like cloth. I tied it around my forehead put on my jacket. I grabbed some jet-black leather gloves with the fingertips cut off and red cloth around the rims of the fingertips. The shirt I had was plaid with a different shade of red in each square. My jeans had a decorative built-in chain on right the side of it that hung loosely. My mom had been out for a long time on a legal case as a lawyer and my dad is almost never home since he owns a huge company that has warehouses and offices all around the world. One of the top three companies in the whole world. Actually, he's a close second. He's on his competitor's tail. His competitor is the number one business in the world. You can probably tell from these jobs that we're rich. A lot of people's families work for my dad and he said one day that his business would be passed down to me when I get old enough. For now, I get my allowance as a CEO in the closest company building. It gets boring doing nothing but watching over a company, but you know what they say, "another day another million dollars".

I went to the garage and typed in a code on a keypad (Ruby's garage looks like the picture above). A shiny red car started coming down. The robotic figure handed me the keys and I pressed a button on it. The car beeped and I hopped inside.
"Call Amethyst," I ordered the car.
"Calling Amethyst," It repeated as it loaded.
"Yo," I heard from the other end of the line.
"Hey, you want me to pick of Jasp or are you doing it?"
"No worries dude, I got her," She replied.
"Aight, meet you there," I said, hanging up.

I went into the school parking lot and parked my car. I saw Amethyst's car there. As I got out, I heard somebody walk up behind me. I blindly grabbed their arm and pulled them forward.
"GAH!!" They said with a thump.
"One, ouch, and two, we beat you," Amethyst laughed. Jasper cracked up laughing. (Her car looks like this http://www.musclecarcult.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/119/2015/03/ba32967ea1e5db9a575d4cbc83d8c08f.jpg)
"Whoops, sorry, Ames," I said, pulling her up off the ground. I sensed somebody watching me. I turned towards the person and they immediately turned away and walked away like nothing happened.

Sapphire's POV
I heard a car speeding into the parking lot. Millions of students came to watch the "all amazing" Ruby park her car. It's fine, but it gets repetitive. She does it every day. I watched as she got out. I saw her pull Amethyst over her head... at least, I think it was Amethyst... someone to the ground. Of course, people seeing her fight so well, everyone cheered. She looked at me after a few conversations with her friends. She looked at me. I blushed. With books in hand, I rushed off before I looked like a stalker. I've liked Ruby since first grade and even then she was popular. Everyone likes her. Even the mean girls... even me. She's not mean. But she's not nice. She hasn't acted the same since...
"Hey, Sapphire!" Peridot said, interrupting my thoughts.
"Yes, hello there, Sapphire!" Pearl chirped with her hands folded.

Ruby's POV
"Okay, that was weird... Oh, hey Lapis," I greeted.
"Hey," She said in a bored tone.

As we got into the building, we went to our lockers that were relevantly close to each other. My first class was math. I sat in my seat next to this girl with really long hair. She always keeps her eyes covered but nobody really knows why. Maybe her friends know why. Even though it's the beginning of the second semester, I still have no idea what her name is. I caught her looking at me which is strange, seeing that I can't see her eyes. She turned her head immediately back to the paper once she saw me looking back at her in confusion. I decided to talk to her for the first time. She seemed worried. I wasn't worried about us talking since my dad also bought 83% of the school district that I was in.
"It's... Sandra, right?" I asked. She smiled.
"Sapphire," She corrected.
"Right, Sapphire... Are you feeling alright? You seem kinda stressed," I pointed out. She got even tenser.
"Wh-why would you think that? I'm fine." She said. Her response had a mixture of nervous and sassy. I shrugged and went back to my work. She started mumbling things to herself.

Sapphire's POV
Dang it! I didn't mean that sentence to come out the way it did! I mentally face-palmed myself as I cursed under my breath.

Ruby's POV
The bell rang after what seemed like 5 hours of Ms. Swanson's lecture about how important arithmetic was and how to do it. I grabbed my school supplies and headed for the door. Before I was able to step into the halls, I was stopped by the teacher.
"Ruby, may I have a moment of your time?" Ms. Swanson asked, twiddling her fingers. It was weird hearing that from a teacher to a student. I normally hear it from my dad's workers that I watch over.
"Uh, sure..." I said awkwardly.
"Ms. Ruby, do you think that... maybe... you could ask your dad to give me a raise?" she asked me. This was perfect. I had complete control of the teacher... well, I sorta did already, but now I finally have some dirt on her.
"Uh, I'll think about it. Can I leave now?" I asked. She nodded as I rushed out before she could say another word.

I met back up with my friends during passing period.
"Hey, Rubes. What was that all about?" Jasper asked, hinting at Ms. Swanson's classroom.
"Oh, she was asking me for a raise," I laughed.
"Really?!" Amethyst howled.
"Shh! Amethyst, you don't want to get in trouble, do you?" I hushed.
"What're they gonna do? Tell me off? With you around, we can't get in trouble without them risking their jobs!" Amethyst laughed.
"Not to mention, Ms. Swanson is a really mean teacher when you're not looking," Jasper added.
"Well, when she thinks I'm not looking," I laugh.
"Let's go before the bell rings and we get a tardy," I said.
"By that, you mean us," Amethyst joked, noting herself and Jasper.
"Probably, probably not. Let's just go," I said. I got that feeling again. Like somebody was watching me. I'm pretty much used to other people swooning at a sight of me, but stalking isn't what I'm used to... sorta. I brushed the feeling off and kept on running down to class.

A few classes later, it was lunch. I grabbed my bag and walked down to the school cafeteria.
I shut my locker. Immediately seeing...Sally?... right in front of me as I turned around.
"Oh, hey. Sorry, I'm not good with names. What's your name again?" I asked. She sighed.
"It's Sapphire," She said.
"Oh, right. Math girl." I said.
"So, there's the school dance tomorrow and I wanted to... uh... see if you were going to be there..." Sapphire said.
"Oh, yeah. Who wouldn't?" I joked. She laughed lightly. After that, all she did was look at me. Like she was inspecting me.
"Uh... can I go to lunch now?" I asked. She blushed, getting out of my way.
"Sorry, I forgot I was standing here for a second." That was confusing, but I just shrugged.
"Thanks," I smiled and headed off to the cafeteria without a moment to lose.
"Hey, Rubes. What took you so long?" Lapis asked, waving me over to the popular table.
"Some girl was asking me something. It was really strange." I said, looking back at the into the hallway of lockers. She was nowhere to be found.
"She was just there, where'd she go?" I asked myself. I walked towards the table and sat down. Then immediately the bell rang for lunch to be over with.
"Oh, come on!" I whined.