Can't Spell Love Without L [Epilogue]

Start from the beginning

Light stared at him for a moment, then shrugged lightly. "What happened?"

"Eh? Well, when the warehouse blew up, Ryuzaki raid inside and dragged the two of you out. It's good that the warehouse had a fire exit, although it was kind of useless since he tumbled down and fell down the stairs. Misa fainted inside due to lack of oxygen, and you were also unconscious because a falling debris fell on your back. Your spinal cord was struck, but I don't see anything serious."

"Oh..."

Silence descended between the two of them, until Light asked again.

"Where's Misa?"

"She's asleep on the other room. Ryuzaki told me how you injected her with a paralyzing drug." He smirked. "That's quite evil, no?"

Light glared at him, but failed in hiding the blush forming in his cheeks. "...How is she?"

"She's fine now. Although she acquired a few burns, that will easily heal in time. Like I said earlier, nothing serious happened."

"...How is Amaryllis?"

Rue looked at him with a blank face, and Light guessed that he won't answer. So he just shrugged, a signal that he's not really expecting any answers from him.

"She's alright."

Light looked at him, waiting for any follow up answers.

"Her wounds are slowly closing, which we are thankful, because if it won't, a skin surgery will be needed. The wounds are too big and the presence of isopropyl alcohol was no help at all. It was a pain in cleaning it. Some of the nurses gave up when Ryuzaki told them what really happened to her. Apparently, they have weak stomachs. But she's fine now. No need to worry."

The news made Light sigh in contentment, and he happilly closed his eyes in order for them to rest. The glow produced by the dim light of the afternoon was making him hazy.

"Do you still love her?"

He snapped his eyes open. "What?"

"Amaryllis, I mean."

"... ..."

"You don't need to answer, anyway. I won't force you."

"...I don't."

"... ..."

"It's just...after all the troubles I gave her, I don't think she'll love me anymore. I'm not asking for it, anyway. But I wish...we could still be friends, so I could apologize to her without fearing to be kicked by Ryuzaki."

Rue smiled. "That's true. Oh well." He shoved his hands inside the pockets of his white robe.