Chapter 15: The Monster

The archers prepared to fire as the serpent made its way towards us. Just before it could reach us, Eustace and Reepicheep attacked the serpent with fire. Eustace and the serpent battled with one another, hurting each other in the process.

"Eustace hang on!" Reepicheep yelled out.

Eustace grew rather tired and weary that he laid beside the rock that Lord Rhoop was on. The serpent then made his move as he made his way towards him to attack, however before it could do anything, Eustace attacked him with fire. The serpent cried as it dove into the water. Lord Rhoop, who pushing his way through the crew, threw his sword on Eustace's arm just as he was about to get up. Eustace yelped as he flew off away from the island and from us.

"Eustace! Come back!" Lucy shouted.

Meanwhile Lord Rhoop ran all over the deck, shouting that it over. He even grabbed the wheel as he shouted. "Turn the ship around!"

"Someone stop him!" I ordered.

Drinian managed to knock him out cold, regaining control of the ship. Edmund with his flashlight moved towards the front of the ship, while the rest of us remained behind him. We were grew terrified when we saw the serpent leap up in front of him.

"Ed!" Lucy and I yelled.

I sighed in relief when the serpent only managed to grab a chunk of wood, sparing Edmund.

"Brace yourselves!" Caspian informed right before we hit the serpent.

We all fell forth as we collided with the serpent, however it wasn't over. It grew even more furious as it released more legs. You've got to be kidding me.

"Ready the harpoons." Caspian ordered.

As the serpent began to take down the mast, the harpoons were prepared and released, hitting the serpent. It tried to pull away from us.

"Pull its head down." I ordered.

As Lucy and I continued to release more arrows, Edmund finally reached towards the top of the serpent where he had direct hit to end the serpent. I even tried to hurt the serpent with my magic, however it only worked to a certain extent.

As Edmund hesitated, the serpent began to knock more and more crew members into the water, including myself since the serpent was pulling the ship, causing it to slowly break.

"Sabrina!" I heard Lucy and Caspian scream as I slipped off the ship and into the water.

Once I was in the water, my back landed on a large boulder, knocking me out. The last thing I heard was Caspian calling my name. "Sabrina!"

"Sabrina."

My eyes opened to see Xavier in front of me along with Mrs. Burkes. We were in a beautiful forest, one that reminded me of the Golden Age of Narnia. My smile widened as I embraced them both.

"I'm so happy to see the both of you!" I exclaimed.

"I'm very proud of you, my dear." Mrs. Burkes said as we pulled away from our embrace. "You have grown up to be a beautiful young woman."

"I miss you both very much." I confessed. "I wish you were still with me."

"We haven't truly left you, sister." Xavier said as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "We have been with you this entire time."

"You may not see us, but we're with you in spirit." Mrs. Burkes added. "Now I'm afraid that it's time for you to go."

"I must leave?" I asked.

"You have a family to return to." Xavier reminded me. "Wake up, Sabrina."

"Sabrina?"

I groaned before I coughed up the salt water that I was once surrounded by which seemed to be only moments ago.

"She's waking up." I heard another familiar voice said.

I reluctantly opened my eyes before standing up to see Caspian, Lucy, Edmund, Reepicheep, the crew, Xavier, Gemma, and Eustace as a human again.

"Eustace? You're human again." I commented.

"I know! Can you believe it?! I'm me again." He exclaimed in a happy tone, one I haven't seen since I met him.

"Mother!" Gemma and Xavier cried as they hugged me.

"Please stop giving me a heart attack, love." Caspian chuckled as he held my hand. "We were worried about you."

"Well it's going to take more than a mere serpent to kill me." I joked.

"Good, because I don't plan on losing you anytime soon." Caspian whispered before pulling me in for a kiss.

The crew cheered, while Xavier and Gemma made disgusted faces. It wasn't long until we reached waters that were very clear, unlike anything I've ever seen.

"We've reached Aslan's country." I gasped.

Xavier and Gemma stayed behind with Gael and the others. Lucy, Edmund, and even Eustace gave them hugs before going Caspian, Reepicheep, and myself on a boat towards Aslan's country. As we rowed ourselves towards it, Eustace had explained to us that Aslan transformed him back into his normal self.

"So what was it like when Aslan changed you back?" Edmund asked.

"Well, no matter how hard I tried, I wasn't able to do it on my own. Then he approached me, it sorta hurt, but it was a good pain." Eustace explained. "Like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't that bad...I mean I think I was a dragon then a boy. I'm sorry for being such a sop."

"It's okay, you were a pretty good dragon." Edmund assured him.

"Are you kidding me? He was an amazing dragon!" I chimed in.

Eustace wore a sheepish smile. "Thanks, your majesty."

"Please, call me Sabrina." I insisted.

We continued to talk and laugh until we had reached the place, we knew when we had arrived when Reepicheep said. "We have arrived, your majesties."

With that we got off of the boat, and as we left the boat I couldn't shake of the feeling that Lucy, Edmund, and Eustace would be leaving us once again.