The Mistletoe

Day's had passed since her last encounter with him, but never the less, she was still quite enraged with him. Him on the other hand, was trying to win her back. Wether it was for someone to do his homework or true love, he was practically kissing her shoes unknowingly. Ariels favorite month had finally arrived, December. The cold air, the warm fire, the homely, snuggly feel of her blankets in the morning. She simply loved December. Especially, Christmas. For a quiet, reserved girl, she had always been more than happy to put up decorations. She would even set them up the day after Thanksgiving. She had always enjoyed the traditions of Christmas as well. Her family had a tradition where the children of the family would write down what they want for Christmas, then the adults all have a competition on who can find all these items the fastest. Meanwhile, the Teens would have the living room to themselves to chat and socialize. This would be the first year Ariel would be with the Teenagers. Her parents always coddled her, referring to her as a child. They wouldn't even allow her to sit at the "big kids table" until she was 12. But this year, the year she turned 14, would be the year where she would ascend to the status of Teenager. She was both interested and nervous of what the Teenagers would talk about. She was praying that she wouldn't be asked "Do you have a boyfriend?" Or "Do you like someone?" She was hoping, if they asked her that, that they would simply let her say 'No.' and move on. That, of course, was not the case.