The Pages

It was yet another day for Ariel Jacobs, your textbook book worm. Nothing ever seemed different to her. A new kid could walk into the school and she'd brush it off saying "It's just another silhouette we'll never see again." She always spouted these poetic verses. Each one seeming ironic coming from her of all people. You'd expect a verse like that too come from a theatric or an artist. But no, it came from a girl in a red, hand knit sweater. Her parents always complained to her about not doing anything worth while in her life. She had stellar grades, though, the same couldn't be said for her participation. She never joined a sport or club. Every time someone offered she'd reply with "Why? We'll never get into actual club activities and just spend the year hanging out. If I wanted to hang out I'd leave school." To which no one really had a reply too. But that's besides the point. Now where was I? Ah yes! It seemed like any other day. But today was different. It felt as if a light had peaked out from the clouds of the schools atmosphere. A light that would continue to illuminate the filled, hallowed-of-emotion halls of St.Margerine school. Allison kept walking to pre-calculus, despite all that had been happening. A fight, an argument, a teasing. None of it mattered. Until now.