I approached subtly, and although I felt that she tensed, I realized that there was no rejection. I took her face by hand and stroked her chin, looking into her eyes.

- Never question how good you are. The branches of the company across the country are always clamoring for your help because there is no other in the company that occupies its own post so well as you. Your head still carries the brilliance you've always had since the end of college. This is more than enough to jumpstart your career again. And if MG Motors don’t realize it, someone will.

  Her eyes glistened with the tears that were forming as she listened intently.

- I don’t wanna be just your wife Avi ...

- I know you don’t, you never did, nor ever was. Your personality speaks for itself Alice, and I admire that in you. Don’t worry, we'll put you on top again.

  She smiled in my hand and I smiled back, drawing with my eyes the features of her face. I approached slowly but she reacted by putting her hand over mine, pushing me away gently.

- Thanks Avi - she kept smiling, retreating with discomfort, and I did the same -. I noticed you brought something to me - she said, wiping the tears away and pulling herself together on the couch.

- Yes, yes I brought - I said raising myself - it's no big deal, but I hope you're hungry.

  She smiled in agreement, and we walked into the kitchen.

______________________________________

ALICE’S P.O.V

  It was already 3am and I hadn’t managed to stick the eyes. The concern with my job involved my thoughts and my body was restless, taking me all the sleep and making me roll over in bed for hours. The idea of losing such a great achievement scared me , and made me feel worthless and invalid. It was not what I wanted for myself.

  Exhausted, I got up from the bed. The truth is that trouble sleeping were never news to me. Since childhood, difficulty at falling asleep was a daily problem, and always caused stress on me and my family. My body was sore, tense, and I decided to go to the kitchen, stretching myself a bit to try to relieve the pain.

  I opened the door carefully avoiding any noise that could wake Avi in the room. On tiptoe, walked to the fridge, putting my hands in front of me in an attempt to guide myself through the darkness. After filling a glass of water I turned, supporting the body in the sink and closed my eyes, sighing as I refreshed myself.

- Trouble sleeping? - I heard a raspy, gravelly voice coming from the room, immediately making me jump with fright, clutching the glass of water on hand to avoid making any mess. I looked ahead and saw the outline of Avi’s body, hidden by darkness.

- You're dressed this time? - I said wryly, remembering the little incident in the morning. It was dark, but I figured he smiled.

- That you will have to find out - he said as he walked to the switch, and I remained in shock. I squinted with fear, and he turned on the light, laughing at my reaction, since I didn’t change posture.

- You can open your eyes - he said joking.

  I opened my eyes slowly, still scared, and looked up with suspicion. Avi was laughing next to the sink, and my eyes went straight to his shorts. That was something.

I sighed with a smile and walked up to the counter, placing the cup on it and supporting my face in the hands, which slid up my neck, where I felt pain. I wasn’t looking but I could notice Avi’s worried expression as he walked up to me.

- Does it hurt? - He asked and I just nodded. Gently, Avi raised his hands towards my shoulders, and I froze at his touch.

- Can I? - He bent his head to see me while questioned. I smiled.

- Please – I said as adjusted my body.

  Avi walked a few steps and took his other hand to my skin, rubbing my shoulders with subtlety, applying the pressure needed in the way to the neck. I closed my eyes as I felt the touch of his hands, sighing time or another.

- This is because you think too much Ali. Your head turns into a whirlwind of ideas and your body gets restless. You move a lot and your muscles tense up. You need to relax and give your mind a rest - he said while massaging, and I surprised myself with how well he described my difficulty sleeping .

- Sometimes I forget that you literally - I gave emphasis on the last word - know me better than I - I smiled as I looked at him over my shoulder. He smiled back and I lowered my head.

  As the minutes passed, the massage was getting less rhythmic, slower, and I felt the pressure of Avi’s fingers divest in caresses in my arms. I heard his breath failing, while chills ran down my skin and my body was accumulating in tension as I got involved in his touch. Suddenly, his body was almost touching mine and I felt his hot breath on my neck. I noticed his lips open to say something in the corner of my ear when reality hit me.

  I cleared my throat and straightened my body as I took the glass of water and turned at once, giving rapid gulps and inspecting Avi as he retreated, carrying a smirk on his face, seeing the reaction that caused his attitude.

- Thank you - I whispered past him to let the glass in the sink, with my head down.

- You’re welcome - he said between smiles.

  I turned back to the room and ended up choking on him, taking back a few steps with wide eyes. His smile dissolved into a look of comfort. He gently touched my chin, and I followed the movement of his hand until he lift my gaze.

- Promise me you'll try to relax, okay? - He said, and I had to wait a few seconds to wait his hoarse voice echoing in my head, blinking several times.

- Ok - I replied with a wan smile, and walked past him to the door with accelerated pace. I felt his eyes follow me until I turn the knob, when the kitchen light went out. I closed the door without turning around and sighed, shaking my head and pulling away the memories as I walked to the bed, where I finally blacked out.