His Pro, Her Con

Their heads snapped to the elevator, finding the doors to be shifting shut. Steve thought quick, launching his Shield at the door to prevent it from fully closing but he was a bit to late as the frisbee of vibranium ricocheted of the metal of the door and flew back into Steve's hand.

Hayley checked her SHIELD device, grimacing when she noticed what was on its way.

"Steve, we got a bogey. Short range, 30 seconds tops" she called.

"Who fired?"

"SHIELD" she breathed.

"I'm afraid I have been stalling Captain" Zolo almost seemed to smirk even though it was physically impossible for a computer.

15 snatched the USB stick from the port and slid it into her inside pocket of her jacket.

"Just think, its better this way" Zolo called.
"We are most of us...out of time!"

Steve gripped at a grate in the floor, ripping it from the concrete and launching it across the room. Fire exploded through the base and the two jumped into the hole. Steve's arm wrapped around her waist and he pulled her in tight, his shield raised atop of them both to prevent most of the impact hitting them.

Hayley held her hands out as if she had an invisible ball in her hand, her signature star filled mist sparking in her hands as panic spiked at her insides. It sparked and fizzled, fear setting in deep as her breathing became laboured. Hayley scrunched her eyes shut, the mist finally encasing them both as they transported just outside the Base.

Steve looked around in shock, finding the smoking building to be behind them both as they sat on the dusted floor. He moved his gaze to Hayley, finding her agony contorted face to be covered in soot and blood as her chest heaved for breath.

"Hayley? Hayley!"

She was out cold. Steve gently picked her up bridal style, minding his shield as he quickly moved to the car that was parked not that far out. He placed her in the back seat, brushing the hair out of her face before he jumped into the drivers seat and sped off.

~Time Skip~

The sun shone of the city of Washington, a purring car rolled up to a rather clean house and one dirt covered blonde carrying a severely tired and hurt but awake silver haired woman got out. He walked up to the front porch, pressing the bell and not even waiting a minute until the door opened.

"Hey man" Steve greeted. "Do you mind if we lay low for awhile here?"

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us" Hayley croaked and he opened the door to allow the two to enter.

"There's a room at the end on the left where you can put her" the dark skinned man offered.

"Thanks" Rogers replied and sleep consumed 15 once more.

She was placed onto the bed, Natasha finally making herself known as she entered the room the two were currently occupying.

"What happened?" She whispered, taking a seat on the bed by Hayley and dabbing a warm, wet cloth over her soot and blood covered face to clean her off.

"Hydra was in SHIELD. Hydra was always in SHIELD. We were just to blind to notice" Steve groaned, resting his head in his arms with his elbows resting on his knees as he sat in a chair in the corner.

"Steve...you can't be like that. No one noticed, they are just a parasite that worked its way in. We will get rid of them" Natasha replied, eyes firm on the blonde as she finished up cleaning Hayley's face.

"That's what Zolo said" Rogers sighed as he removed his face from his hands and looked to the red head.

"Zolo?" Nat questioned.

"A German scientist who worked under red skull during the war, his brain was preserved and turned into a bunch of data backs in the old SHIELD base."

"Who sent the missile?" Tasha questioned, recalling Steve tell Sam about it earlier and that it was the reason they looked like hell.

"SHIELD"

"Most likely Hydra though" She clarified and Steve nodded in agreement.
"You best clean up, Sam made food" Tasha advised.

"If you guys eat that kind of thing" said man popped his head round the door, looking to the three and nodding before Natasha followed him out to get something to eat as Steve went to get a shower.

Hayley began to stir.