Anime Recommendations + Reviews

Bob's Anime review + recommendation:

Anime: Another

Genre: horror

Summary: In 1972, a student in Yomiyama North Middle School's class 3-3 named Misaki passed away during the school year. Since then, the town's atmosphere took a turn for the worst.
Twenty-six years later, Kouichi Sakakibara transfers into class 3-3 of Yomiyama North. He finds himself drawn to the peculiar Mei Misaki; but it seemed as though no one else could see her. Kouichi begins to get closer not only to her, but also to the truth behind the gruesome phenomenon plaguing class 3-3 of Yomiyama North.

Rating: 90%

Review: I was really excited to finally watch a horror themed anime considering how few good ones there are, I wasn't disappointed. The characters were all well thought out and drawn, however I personally wanted to know them more. The way the town and the school is portrayed really gives this show a eerie touch and I got creeped out easily. Oh, also there's gore and uuuh one scene involves an umbrella (I'm scarred for life). As for romance, I don't think there's really any romance but I guess you could say there's a teeny tiny bit. The anime mostly revolves around horror and mystery, where the students had to (spoiler so um yeah) in order to stop the curse (I've said too much) My favourite character was Mei (shocker here), she was so mature throughout the whole series and never once blamed anyone for what was done to her (watch to find out yo) I think the anime really did do her justice. OK, imma end this here :) let's get to the next anime.

-

Anime: Kiznaiver

Genre: Sci-fi

Summary: Kiznaiver follows a group of high school students who are chosen to be a part of an experimental program which creates bonds between people by forcing them to share each other's pain. Katsuhira Agata, one of the students becomes drawn to Noriko Sonozaki, the mysteruous blue-haired girl that partly runs the experiment who he thinks is the reason for the visions that flash through his mind.

Rating: 85%

Review: I was immediately drawn to the art style of this anime, it was new and original to me. I guess it's more modern (what am I saying) and that made it stand out. For the anime plot itself, I would say 12 episodes was too little. Not just in the "I want more" sense but in the "stop rushing things" way. It was fast paced and I felt that it should have been done slower so the viewers could understand everything better. The romance was a B+, there were just too many pairings. Yes, I shipped ALL of them. But it's a little too much (watch the anime and you'll know). However, I LOVED THE MAIN PAIRING AND I HARDCORE FANGIRL OVER IT. Gosh it was so perfectly done and it wasn't your typical "I'm cute and you're hot yay let's date". The anime itself had so much philosophy and depth to it I felt like I was talking to a shaolin shifu. The themes were mainly friendship and bonds as well accepting yourself, and others. The plot was beautiful had so much to it, the plot twists surprised me even more. I really liked Katsuhira, even though he may seem naive sometimes, the lengths he would go to help someone he cared about had me wishing I had a friend like him. Though there was this one character that had me banging my head against the table due to how annoying she was being (I'm so glad Katsuhira didn't end up with her). This marks the end of my review, which I hoped was spoiler free :)

-----------------------------

Kan's Anime Review + Recommendation:

Anime: D.Gray-Man

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy (can be shown in most episodes)

Summary: Set in the 19th century, this story tells the tale of a boy named Allen Walker, a 15-year-old albino exorcist, whose left arm can be transformed into a humongous and monstrous claw which can destroy creatures known as "Akumas". Allen wishes to free the souls of these "Akumas" which were created from the souls of dead people by the Millenium Earl who wishes to end humanity, along with his subordinates called Noahs. Allen joins the Black Order, an organization attempting to stop the Earl. His missions were to recover pieces of Innocence, a substance giving all exorcists the ability to destroy Akuma until halfway... the Millenium Earl starts to plan the biggest destruction for mankind. Allen, and his friends from the Order, must fight against the Millenium Earl from causing havoc as the Akumas slowly evolves into major human-killing machines.

Rating: 9/10

Review: The first anime I've watched ever since Sailor Moon, and I've gotta admit, this anime's been the childhood of mine. At first, I was not really captivated to it due to the art style of this show, but now, when I re-watched the entire thing, this show literally grows inside me. The storyline's really awesome, the character development, although it's quite slow, it shows each and everyone's developments really well! Lenalee was an example, Kanda as well and not to mention Lavi and Allen! All of the Noahs and even the Millenium Earl have their sassy little ways, which makes me like the antagonists' as well! Not to mention, the soundtracks!! They're really worth listening to, especially one certain little piano theme further in the anime and manga! Gosh, that actually really motivated me to learn piano because of that mere piano soundtrack! The friendship between our main characters and the whole Order are really cute, and some can be seen really evident in some filler episodes, and some depressing episodes which I would not reveal. Honestly, the manga is also a must-read too! But however, there's some parts which I actually really don't like and that is when they did not include the Destruction of Dark Order arc and there were some scenes which they did not really include in the anime. I was actually hyped for that arc but HALLOW had to not include that ;;;; but honestly, HALLOW is pretty good too, nonetheless! I was pretty much hyped when the new season finally comes out after 8 years of waiting! And I really recommend this to all who wished to watch some kick-ass action out there! (Pst, the opening and ending songs rocks!)

-/-

Anime: Ansatsu Kyoushitsu

Genre: Action, Comedy, Science Fiction

Summary: The Earth is threatened by a humongously powerful monster who has destroyed 70% of the Moon, making it into the shape of a crescant instead of a full circle which we once knew. The monster claims that Earth will also be destroyed by him within a year, offering mankind a chance to avert their fates. He started working as a homeroom teacher in Class 3-E in Kunugigaoka Junior High where he teaches not only normal subjects, but assassination techniques as well. The Japanese government promises a reward of 10 billion ¥ to whoever students who successfully kills the monster, whom the students have named him "Koro-sensei". However, this has been proved impossible through his highly-immensed speed of Mach 20 and other abilities as well, but he was also highly regarded due to his teaching abilities and his willingness to make his students improve their weak subjects.

Rating: 8.5/10

Review: When I first watched the anime, the beginning of the first episode had me stayed in my seats the entire time. I really like how the colour of the atmosphere changed 180 degrees and this suspense killed me! Before I knew it, I was actually anticipating for even more episodes because of how awesome the anime went along! The whole plot was not what I expected. In fact, I would never really expect this plot to come out, and that's probably the reason why people thinks this anime is worthed watching! Having Koro-sensei as an antagonist in the beginning and then slowly becoming a main character itself, that's some character development right there! I guess the most hyped was that when Karma actually appeared being all badass and saying "I can just kill him instead of u guys" like seriously lmaooo. The bond between all the classmates in the class was really strong, and I really admire that side of the anime! Personally, I don't really think I'm disappointed in this anime, and this anime is for people who wished for badassery action and beware though, you need to prepare your tissues for the last episode because it's heart-breaking 10/10.