17

"Dad." Kurt whined as his dad pulled him along the path, "Why can't we just stay inside? It's cold."

"No. You need your present."

"Just give me a different present then."

Burt shook his head and continued to pull Kurt.

"I'm not in the mood for this, dad." Kurt saw a couple frowning disapprovingly at him but he didn't care, "Dad! Come on, stop."

"Ok."

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah. We're here." Burt turned to Kurt and smiled, "Your present is here. It's quite hard to miss but when you find it, you'll thank me. Trust me, coming outside was worth it."

And with a final wink Burt turned around and walked back the way he came.

Kurt groaned and turned around to see an ice skating rink behind him. Was this his present? Torture?

He turned to face another way and saw a small cafe. Maybe he could just go grab a coffee.

"Package for Kurt Hummel."

Kurt froze. That voice.

He spun around so quick he almost fell over but found that his dad was right. Coming outside was definitely worth it.

"Blaine! Oh my god!"

He then ran forward and threw his arms over Blaine's shoulders, immediately bursting into tears and sobbing into Blaine's neck.

"Hey. Shh, don't cry baby." Blaine whispered soothingly but it only made Kurt cry harder, his body shaking as he began to clutch at Blaine's back, making sure he was really there.

"You're- you're really here?"

"Yeah." Blaine whispered, "You are happy to see me, right?"

"What? Are you crazy? How could I be happy?" Blaine's heart dropped for a moment before Kurt continued, "I'm- I'm elated, thrilled, relieved- I mean- god, I've missed you."

"I've missed you too so, so much."

Kurt grinned and finally pulled back, his grin widening when Blaine cupped his cheeks and wiped the last couple of tears away before leaning forward and pressing a kiss to each cheek.

"So, um, we were meant to go ice skating but- I mean, do you want to? Because we can just go and-"

"I'd love to." Kurt grinned.

-_-_-

Only half an hour later Kurt and Blaine were stumbling off of the ice.

"Hey, you want a hot chocolate or something? There's a cafe over there."

"Sure."

Blaine shoved his hands in his pockets as the pair walked around the ice rink, "So, I- I- have you met anyone new?"

"You mean have I met anyone I'm interested in? Romantically?"

Blaine glanced up slightly before nodding and looking back down at his boots.

"No, Blaine. I haven't. I love you, remember? I- sure, I'll be honest. I- I've been attracted to people and- but, I've never even thought of doing anything with anyone but you."

Blaine smiled and reached out to take Kurt's hands in his, allowing them to swing between them as they edged closer to the cafe.

"You're it for me, Blaine. You were my first love, my first everything. And even if one day we do end up falling apart, I'll always have feelings for you. I'll always care about you."

Blaine sighed, "Me too. But let's think about now, yeah? Let's not think about us breaking up. We're here now and together and- and that's all that matters. Just us."

"Hmm." Kurt nodded, "So, what're you getting?"

"I think maybe just a hot chocolate. Unless they do hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows."

I don't think this is what adore55 was thinking of when she requested this one.

But it's Christmas Eve tomorrow (yay) and I'm only just writing and posting the 17th chapter so hopefully you can forgive me 😬