Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

Elizabeth and Matilda ran, arm in arm down the crowded stairs. As they went, Elizabeth's face was blank. She had almost killed Delaney. Once her and Matilda reached the pitch, they separated. Elizabeth was stuck by the stairs, trying to push to the center. Suddenly, she felt a harsh grab on her arm, pulling her back into the stairwell. Looking behind her, she saw the familiar ring that belonged to Tom. He pulled her behind a wall and suddenly she felt herself twisting and turning through space. After a second, her feet pounded against the ground. She was in her dormitory and Tom was next to her.

"How did you... you can't apparate within school grounds," Elizabeth mumbled.

"Don't ask," Tom gritted. "I saw what you did."

Elizabeth shrugged, "What are you talking about?"

"You stunned Rivethough, I saw it," Tom justified.

"How could you have possibly seen it?" Elizabeth asked, her chest hurting from the guilt of what she had done.

He passed her comment off, "It doesn't concern you. However, I thought you told me you didn't want to hurt people anymore?"

"She's not hurt, Asher saved her," Elizabeth retorted, feeling a lump in her throat. She didn't want to cry in front of him again. She knew she wasn't that weak.

"If that boy hadn't caught her, she would have died," Tom corrected. "He ruined your plan didn't he?"

Elizabeth raised her eyebrows, "It wasn't a plan!" She scoffed, "That girl was about to kill one of my best friends, I couldn't just sit there and do nothing!"

"Exactly," Tom leered. "I think it is time," he smiled maniacally and disapparated from the room.

"What?" Elizabeth shrieked. "Time for what?" she yelled into the air. She quickly ran to the door, but it had been locked. "Alohomora!" Elizabeth cast upon the door. She jiggled the handle again and it didn't budge. "Damn you, Riddle!" she yelled, pounding the door.

Elizabeth sat in that room for hours, making red sparks come out of her wand for entertainment. She wished she was in the Gryffindor house. She wished she had never spoken to Tom. She wanted to go home.

No one knew she was there, for all of the students were in the Room of Requirement , celebrating Asher's victorious save. The celebration was complete with Firewhiskey and loud music flowing from a few charmed instruments. Delaney was surrounded by her friends, telling them the extreme details of her fall. Bonnie sat off in a corner, sipping out of her goblet.

Asher was drunk off his rockers. He stumbled around the hall, accepting the students' thanks in a slur of tone. Tom was in there as well, watching everyone curiously. However, his attention always seemed to float back to Asher.

Tom watched as Asher drunkenly walked over to the door and exited the room. Tom stood and quickly followed, shutting the door behind him softly. He followed Asher for a while before they were in a very secluded part of the castle. Tom cast a silencing charm over the area.

"You interfered," Tom spoke loudly, causing Asher to turn around.

"Hm?"Asher replied with a small giggle.

Tom crooked his head, "Elizabeth knew what she was doing, and you interfered."

"What are you talking about?" Asher regained his focus. "What plan?"

"I really didn't hope you to be the first, but I feel your loss will benefit Elizabeth in some way," Tom drew out his wand. "Tresmortecantum!"

Asher quickly pulled his wand out and cast a defense spell. The two fought, shooting spells at each other. Tom didn't seem fazed, for he calmly cast the most vicious curses upon Asher. They both lowered their wands for a moment. Asher was the first to speak, "You just tried to kill me... with my own spell," he grunted, blood rushing to his face. "Did Elizabeth teach you that?"